How Many Hours did you spend in U2 GA lines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Byrd

The Fly
70 Hours for me and I was only in GA for 3 of my 6 shows.

Again I would do it again.

------------------
Dream up the kind of world you want to live in.
Dream OUTLOUD. At HIGH VOLUME.
Peace to U2 and 2U
U2Byrd
3d.gif

Too damn long!!!

Opening and second night - not a single minute (those were the days)

I got there 10 PM the night before for LA1, 9 AM for LA2, 8 AM for Vegas, and 11 AM for LA3. So who's good with math??? I haven't had a math class in a year, thank God.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Chicago 2: 9 hours
Boston 4: 14 hours
Vegas: 17 hours

40 hours.

Wow, that's a work week!
tongue.gif

-sula

Did I also mention I was directly in front of Bono for two of the shows. and at the inside tip of the heart for the third. Baltimore was the killer I was there for 24 hours. I left work picket my friend up and went straight to the arena and was still NO. 46 in line can you believe it. NJ I left the Thursday show got out at 11:00 and got in line for the Friday show they made us leave until four but I was about 30 or so didn't sleep went back to the hotel and took a shower. So that was 11 PM until 6PM. And so on

Originally posted by U2Byrd:
Did I also mention I was directly in front of Bono for two of the shows. and at the inside tip of the heart for the third. Baltimore was the killer I was there for 24 hours. I left work picket my friend up and went straight to the arena and was still NO. 46 in line can you believe it. NJ I left the Thursday show got out at 11:00 and got in line for the Friday show they made us leave until four but I was about 30 or so didn't sleep went back to the hotel and took a shower. So that was 11 PM until 6PM. And so on

Sorry I was in GA 4 shows 2 NJ, Balt and Philly

32 hours total for 3 times in the heart. huh, thats kind of a lot, and i didnt do anything the whole time...but id do it again in a flash!

alison

almost 40 i think.. it depends on what time you count the GA line as ending.

I don't think I can even figure it out! Somedays I waited 21 hours (got out of one show and got on line) other days I was so beat I just waited about 5 hours. So I'll average it at 12 hours a pop (which is probably right on)and I saw 26 shows GA so thats 312 hours!

312 fabulous hours. 13 days. I think I need to check into the looney bin! And I did see *Ally* (a fellow NYer) on quite a few of those lines!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

------------------

And oh as I fade away they'll all look at me and say,
hey look at him and where he is these days
When life is hard you have to change

Not too long in comparison to you guys.

Vancouver- 15minutes
London- 10 hours
Slane- 2 hours (but the all bloody day waiting for U2!!)
biggrin.gif

Las Vegas- 13 hours

25 hours and 15 minutes. As low as that is, that still frightens me. A whole day gone. But it was fun and I'd do it all again.

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

I only had GAs for 2 shows -- but even so, I spent a little over 25 hours in line:

Chicago 5/16: 6 hours, 15 minutes
Chicago 10/16: 19 hours

And hell yeah, I'd do it again! Anytime.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

I had GA tickets for 3 shows.
For the 1st leg I didn't have to be too early in line to make it into the heart, so for San Diego was about 4 hrs. and Anaheim about 5.
But by the 3rd leg everyone knew about the heart so the wait for the LA line was about 9 hours.
My total=19 hours
All three times I was in the heart, in great spots.
smile.gif

2 minutes. One night I was conducting a trade with someone in line. The night I actually saw U2, I arrived at the FleetCenter as PJ Harvey was wrapping up and got a spot just outside the heart as everyone was heading to the restrooms/concession stands. (Maybe arriving late should count as spending -1 hour in line?)

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 01-07-2002).]

Don't do this to me! First the money and now this!
eek.gif
Having regrets? Please don't, it was worth it.
smile.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Toronto 1: 10 hours
Toronto 2: 11 hours
London 4: 11 hours
Hamilton: 21 hours

Approximately 53 hours all together.
smile.gif

No regrets whatsoever, got back from class and did the math I spent about 50 glorious hours in line (47.5 to be exact). And I am not being sarcastic, I met some of the coolest people in line and I still keep in touch with them all. Plus it made the concert experience that much better cause you were able to share it with the people around you. Alright I'm getting all mushy so I'll stop now.

But I did wanna say 26 concerts!!! DAMN!!! Mysterious_Ways do I know you? Any West Coast or Miami gigs I may have bumped into you and not realized it?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I never did the math before. Now I know I'm crazy. This is beyond crazy. I added this twice and really looked at this.

I went to 30 shows, 28 GA's. The first leg I spent 186 hours in line.

But that's nothing. Lightweight. The third leg I spent 317 hours in line for a total of 503 hours.

The least amount of hours was Slane at two actually in line, and the longest Miami III at 42.

Worth it. Every second of it. I've got memories that keep me awake at night they make me so happy, and I'll never come down from this. This band, this music..whatever it takes I'll do, and boy did I. There were days I thought I wanted to die it got so rough but when I got to that rail, the reward was, well, there are no words for what I got back.

I love sidewalks. Sidewalks are comfy with the proper padding.

love and lemons
dawn

I added it up and I match Anitram with a total of 53 hours- we're talking DAYS now! (total 5 GA experiences)

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-07-2002).]

Hmm, the only time I had a GA ticket was Slane 1 and the wait was basically the line piled up at security so I'd say maybe 30 min? Of course then there was the next 10 hours or so of standing in the same spot (or else I would lose it) before U2 came on! It was worth it, though.

------------------
I had the loudest mouth. When we formed the group, I was the lead guitar player, singer and songwriter. Nobody talked back at first. But then they talked me out of being lead guitar player and into being the rythm guitar player and into just being the singer. And then they tried to talk me out of being the singer and into being the manager. But I held on to that. Arrogance may have been the reason. - Bono

As a vehicle it has its limitations: it probably wouldn't get you to work and back. But it could make someone a fantastic cocktail bar. - Edge on the lemon

[This message has been edited by numbededge (edited 01-07-2002).]

2 shows:

LA 1 - 11 hours - last half hour under tarp in pouring rain, eventually drenched ...

Vegas - 12 hours- long day but a great time was had!

Give me time to recoup and I'd do it again!

6 hours for the Hartford show and about 1 hour for the 3rd leg Denver show---we just wanted to be in the middle of the floor...we didn't care.

------------------
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

--Mystic Rhythms

Back
Top Bottom