How many Grammies exactly did U2 win??? (think of me what you will)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think my tv folks aired a HEAVILY ABRIDGED VERSION of the Grammies. I didn't even get to see Alicia Key's full speech once.
frown.gif

Also, who won Best Alternative?

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

U2 wins 4 (rock album, record of the year, pop perf by duo or group, and I think rock song?) But not album of the year, which is a BIG controversey!

I believe Coldplay won alternative.

I believe I'm correct, I'm tired though LOL so I maybe mistaked.

------------------
Hi

Hello,

For the Grammy wins of U2, please look at the 'Grammy summary' thread (no, not the one with 430+ posts, but another one).

As for Best Alternative album, that went to Coldplay with Parachutes.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Okay I know you all will hate me for starting a new Grammy thread. I just wanna say, while I'm on my soapbox, that I think it's a SHAME that so many young artistes are winning Grammies so early in their careers. Winning Grammies and defeating the better, more experienced musicians. Like that Lady Marmalade Co. winning for best collaboration instead of others in that category, like Tony Bennett and Billy.

And that O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack winning over ATYCLB... that's like last year when Steely Dan appeared out of nowhere to beat Radiohead.

I know the Grammies are normally shits, but I didn't realise it was THIS shit.

foray

Originally posted by foray:
I know the Grammies are normally shits, but I didn't realise it was THIS shit.

foray

People say that every year...the Grammys always come up with some incredibly wacked results...

Originally posted by foray:
Okay I know you all will hate me for starting a new Grammy thread. I just wanna say, while I'm on my soapbox, that I think it's a SHAME that so many young artistes are winning Grammies so early in their careers. Winning Grammies and defeating the better, more experienced musicians. Like that Lady Marmalade Co. winning for best collaboration instead of others in that category, like Tony Bennett and Billy.

you are exactly right. I don't quite get this "artist-comes-from-nowhere-wins-stack-of-grammies-and-then-disappears" thing.

Back
Top Bottom