how many albums do you own of the top 100 of 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ti-hua:

Does anybody know someone who actually has this?

I do and it is absolutely wonderful.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Charts are shite man. Have been, and always will be. If you're figuring yer musical tastes on the charts, you're just fookin insane. Rap shit and all that fookin weird stuff people buying up bleep bloop and whatever. Can't even find space for a proper rock n roll band. Well we're coming to save all yer arses.

Cheers. You're gonna get a good piece of us. If ya ain't "mod fer" us now, just wait.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Let's see...I have U2, David Gray and the Beatles, and I'll be getting the Gorillaz album for Christmas.

I've also listened to the albums by Nelly Furtado, Aerosmith, and the Dave Matthews Band thanks to borrowing them from friends or hearing them on-line. Other than that, there is remarkably little else on this list that I would even consider buying. Pretty sad.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I don't even need to look at the list, since I didn't buy a single album in 2001. My one 2000 purchase kept me going all year long. :)

Yes, it's a sickness, but you all understand....

[This message has been edited by hibricc (edited 12-13-2001).]

I have nine. That's more than I thought I'd have... although Uncle Kracker was a complete waste of $$$- only one good song. Grrrr!

I got U2 and Dido (she's got a nice voice, and it's solid pop music).
That chart is heavily US market oriented.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-13-2001).]

I started the thread I guess I owe an explanation to some of you, I don't base a damn thing off of sales charts much less the heavily commercialized BIllboard chart, my whole point was to look at the chart and see how many of these albums you actually own for those of us who have a ton of albums like myself. It's my main hobby but the last few years have been horrific for popular music in terms of legitimate bands making really good records. You can expect good shit from U2 or REM, Radiohead or alot of the established artists, but to get an album from someone not established that blows you away thats when it gets fun, I remember hearing Pearl jam-Ten for the first time, or any of many new artists at the time, my whole point is there is no excitement for any contemporary new artists in my opinion. Rock music mostly is what I refer to. Hip hop and rap have endured a few really good years, but rock is stagnant and dont give me Creed and Fred Durst bullshit, it is as bad as Bret Michaels and Poison only masking itself as legitimate music. Give me something to get excited about music industry besides the ones who have been out forever!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom