How long have you been a fan??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This may be lame but is was Hold me, Thrill me, kiss me, kill me. If my math is right i was around 11 at the time and thought batman was super cool. I now own all the cds appreciate them all. I just wish they would experiment more with crazy stuff like that of the original song that reeled me in.

Since Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. I wore that tape out.

That song drove my mother insane, because she said the end sounded like the drill when you're getting a cavity fixed. I still don't really hear that at all, but I think I played it so much that she associates most U2 music with the dentist.

Oops. Heh.

Since 1984 when my friend made me listen to The Unforgettable Fire, but didn't relly go wild about them until The Longest Day concert at Milton Keynes bowl in 1985. Ahh I still have the ticket stubbs somewhere.

Early 1992.

I heard "mysterious ways" on the radio and loved it. I had no idea who it was by. Later, I found out it was "U2." Then I heard "one" on the radio. I learned that this was also by U2. These 2 songs were so different but both great. I bought the cassette tape and played it constantly for several years. I also explored the back catalog and was consistently blown away by everything they had ever done.

Been a fan ever since. Slightly disenchanted by ATYCLB. Love the new album and appreciate them for what they are and what they have done throughout there career.

Since 1983. The good old days of War. I did not become a fanatic until 1987 which was my senior year of high school. It's been 21 years and I still am trying to collect anything I can.

Back
Top Bottom