How long did Bono smoke those cigs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why? What's it to you, punk? Har har, just kidding.

I think Bono started smoking those brown cigar thingies during the making of Achtung Baby and Berlin and all that. I don't ever recall seeing Edge smoking though!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Yeah, I know I saw edge with a cig during the making of the unforgettsble Fire video, and if i remember correctly, I saw him with a cig during the making of Pop special on ABC. I know Larry used to, and had to hide them from his girl because he said he had quit!!
Originally posted by u2loopy:

I think Bono started smoking those brown cigar thingies during the making of Achtung Baby and Berlin and all that. I don't ever recall seeing Edge smoking though!

Originally posted by u2loopy:

Hey!!!!! I just realized it was you!!!! Bug off!!!!!!!
wink.gif

I clearly remember Edge smoking on 120 minutes during the Zoo TV period. I thought to myself, "Did he just start smoking?" Maybe it had to do with the whole rebeling against their old image thing...I also remember seeing a Much Music special & Larry was smoking during a JT interview which I was surprised by. Both of these interviews were with Adam as well so maybe they used to bum off him occassionally when he was around. I know Bono used to smoke those cigar whiffs starting with the Desire video, & have seen a picture of him with a regular cigarette around the time of Passengers, but haven't seen him smoking since. Does Adam still smoke?

yeah, Edge still smokes from time to time. Adam of course still does. And I think Bono takes a drag here and there. I think Larry does too, but i dont know how often.

I've seen clips of Boy era Bono smoking but I don't think he started seriously lighting up until the Lovetown Tour.
Sadly, he's still smoking heavily. During the Oakland Elevation 2nd leg gig I attended his high end was totally shot and he told the audience that he had "accidentally" smoked an entire pack of Marlboro lights the night before. He explained that he was trying to quit but was struggling. And I hate to say it but Bono's vox sounds incredibly rough on the new version of Stay. It's a little scary that they couldn't come up with a smoother vox than that in the studio.

MAP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
I've seen clips of Boy era Bono smoking but I don't think he started seriously lighting up until the Lovetown Tour.
Sadly, he's still smoking heavily. During the Oakland Elevation 2nd leg gig I attended his high end was totally shot and he told the audience that he had "accidentally" smoked an entire pack of Marlboro lights the night before. He explained that he was trying to quit but was struggling. And I hate to say it but Bono's vox sounds incredibly rough on the new version of Stay. It's a little scary that they couldn't come up with a smoother vox than that in the studio.

MAP

I can empathize with Mr. Hewson.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom