how is anything connected to U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
In another thread someone made the comment that they could connect anything, absolutely any subject , object, or topic of conversation, anything to U2. (I'm guilty of doing it :wink: )

So i thought it would be kind of funny to have a thread where people drop in and just mention any subject, object, topic whatever, and see how those of us can connect it to U2. Make it as difficult as you want. I'll pick the first topic:

water

U2DMfan said:

Try botulism....

Botulism is caused by the botulinium spore. Fungi also produce spores. Both Edge and Bono are known to have tried magic mushrooms, which are a type of fungi.

The Spanish Civil War.

Meghan said:
Erm, Mofo. :eyebrow:

What about a Garden Hose? (yes, I'm looking out the window)

Didn't Bono snippet "In the Garden" last tour? Not to mention all those shows in the Garden...and I swear I saw a few ho's onstage w/B-man, like that one in one of the Cali shows during Mysterious Ways, that kept chasing him...with the boobs :)

Hockey

Bono had a special expression regarding the revolution in ireland... something along the way of "bleep.... the revolution." They have an album called WAR, and Bono is pretty much some sort of semi-philosopher himself, just read the book Conversations with Mishka Assayas.

rainbow

ps: there's a funny story about Larry using a garden hose to spray people away from their back garden during one of their early rehearsals as a band.

Clawgrabber said:
John Locke is also the name of a character on Lost who crashes in a plane. there is a picture of a plane crashing in the liner notes to Zooropa.

Bungee Cord

Allegedly Adam went bungee jumping.

///////////

Ooh it's like that game, 6 degrees of separation or something, to Kevin Bacon?

martha said:

Bono and Edge wrote a song called Conversation On A Barstool, and its first line is "I'm tired, so tired I can hardly stand".

----

William Wordsworth.

Connect U2 to completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their flippin arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment bollocks!! What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats.

Connect U2 to that.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
vigilante groups strangling chickens

Connect U2 to that.
Larry is/was a vegetarian, and he ate tempura. Tell that to my vegie friend and she'd say that's comparable with an animal rights vigilante group strangling chickens.

Canadiens1160 said:
Connect U2 to completely gratuitous pictures of penises to annoy the censors and to hopefully spark some sort of controversy, which, it seems, is the only way, these days, to get the jaded, video-sated public off their flippin arses and back in the sodding cinema. Family entertainment bollocks!! What they want is filth: people doing things to each other with chainsaws during tupperware parties, babysitters being stabbed with knitting needles by gay presidential candidates, vigilante groups strangling chickens, armed bands of theatre critics exterminating mutant goats.

Connect U2 to that.
That looks like a spam email. :drool:

Smilla said:

New Year's Day was written about Lech Walesa/ Solidarity, a movement against Communism. Hungary was pretty much the first Bloc State to rebel against Russian COmmunist control.

Cannonball Adderly

Screwtape2 said:

Was shut out creatively on two Pink Floyd albums and became very angry with the lead singer. Larry has been buried on the last two albums and is always angry with Bono.

Invisibility.

Hahaha...I was going for "author of 'Native Son,'" but I'll take that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom