How important is meeting U2 to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

?

• M - Not Important at all

Votes: 41 23.7%
  • M - Somewhat Important

Votes: 37 21.4%
  • M - Very Important

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • M - Lifelong Goal

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • F - Not Important at all

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • F - Somewhat Important

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • F - Very Important

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F - Lifelong Goal

Votes: 24 13.9%

• Total voters
Edge waved to me as he drove by in the rain...that was my closest encounter. It's not a huge priority to meet them, but I wouldn't refuse the chance, either. I think the only thing I would mention is the potential for them to play here in Newfoundland--a place that's probably the next best thing to being in Ireland.

Hey AOD, I'm bringing my Newfie Tricolour to the Hawaii show, maybe it will catch someone's attention and I can pitch a show on the Rock to them cause maybe they don't know about our Irish connection. :wink:

If I had a guaranteed opportunity to meet them, maybe I would fly somewhere if only to shake their hands. But I don't dwell on it, if it happened, wonderful, if not, no biggie either.

trevster2k said:
Hey AOD, I'm bringing my Newfie Tricolour to the Hawaii show, maybe it will catch someone's attention and I can pitch a show on the Rock to them cause maybe they don't know about our Irish connection. :wink:

I'm officially envious! I should be going to that show, seeing how Pearl Jam are also playing :sad: I can actually fly anywhere in the world for $60 or something, because my cousin is an Air Canada flight attendant. I just can't book oodles of time off from work!

Oh well, have a blast, and spread the word loud and clear that U2 should come here. :up:

snowbunny00774 said:
Not important to me.

It is important to me that I really want to change the colours in the bar chart poll so that winning category (and on down to the losing categories) in the m/f sections are represented by same colour. Or the categories are at least represented by the same colour. I've never done a poll so not sure if it is something you can control, but visually it's bugging the :nerd: in me.
´

:up: :flirt:

I would usually put somewhat important, but after perusing my copy of U2 by U2, I upgraded to very important. :wink:

Actually, I do have this fantasy about meeting U2 (get your minds out of the gutter, children). U2 have read some of my articles and they want to meet me! Squeee! And together we have a mutual admiration society.

i have always wanted to meet them but other than concert $$, i haven't spent money to do so. i'm still waiting to just get lucky.

it's a definite longlife goal.
but i already had it, and it was actually the greatest coincidence ever. I'm from Indonesia. they've never played here nor other southeast asian countries. but i happened to be in london last week for a course, and they happened to be there as well. so si stayed outside the abbey road studio four nights in a row. met all of them. got their autographs on my sweatshirt and Zoo TV DVD. on thu nite, i camped outside the waterstone bookstore for their book signing on friday. i got in and met them again, talked to them. it was soo surreal.
i wouldn't have traveled to london had i known that they're there recording stuff. but had i not been in london, i would still be a lifetime goal. but i was there and am still drinkin' for that now, lol,:wink:

by the way, i misvoted. cut one F for lifelong goal and add M for that :(

Back
Top Bottom