How has HTDAAB aged for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Love And Peace Or Else (apart from the dumb title) and City Of Blinding Lights are the only REALLY good songs on the album! :|
Miracle Drug is a song that could've been better, and I never understood why they didn't released it as a single.
It's much better than the bittersweet Original Of The Species in my opinion.

HeavenAndHell82 said:
I think Love And Peace Or Else (apart from the dumb title) and City Of Blinding Lights are the only REALLY good songs on the album! :|
Miracle Drug is a song that could've been better, and I never understood why they didn't released it as a single.
It's much better than the bittersweet Original Of The Species in my opinion.

Don't forget the horribly cliche chorus of Love And Peace Or Else. We need love and peace? No shit, Bono! :huh: The verses are fine though. I love COBL for the bass work and the music leading up to the somewhat flat chorus.

Miracle Drug is more classic U2 sounding. OOTS is something they've never really done before except maybe traces of it on ATYCLB.

you know what bono should do? stop rhyming. I've been thinking, is rhyme really necessary for lyrics? Can't you just stick some brilliant sounding lines to a good melody and that be that? Rhyme can be fantastic, but I feel like sometimes it can hold a song back to an elementary level. Like Sometimes...tough/stuff/enough... I love the song, I really do, but we know Bono can do better.

AtomicBono said:
you know what bono should do? stop rhyming. I've been thinking, is rhyme really necessary for lyrics? Can't you just stick some brilliant sounding lines to a good melody and that be that? Rhyme can be fantastic, but I feel like sometimes it can hold a song back to an elementary level. Like Sometimes...tough/stuff/enough... I love the song, I really do, but we know Bono can do better.

Yes!!! I've always felt that since ATYCLB, Bono's rhyming has been very elementary...

fragrant/basement - kite

*ETA: actually it's not that rhyme that bugs me, it's the whole line*

lips/tips/skips/fingertips - grace
tracks/backs/cracks - aboy

etc...

I have spots on my bum that are older than How to dismantle....

therefore it hasn't aged very much yet

For me, I would have to say that it is either bottom or second bottom of all the u2 albums. Fighting it out with POP for the honour. Dont get me wrong, I listen to them but dont glean the same enjoyment from them as the others.

Zootlesque said:

Yes!!! I've always felt that since ATYCLB, Bono's rhyming has been very elementary...

fragrant/basement - kite

*ETA: actually it's not that rhyme that bugs me, it's the whole line*

lips/tips/skips/fingertips - grace
tracks/backs/cracks - aboy

etc...

:huh: Elementary? Rhyming is easy. It hasn't changed a lick for Bono.

Rhymes in Streets:

hide/inside
flame/name
face/trace
rain/name (which doesn't even rhyme that well)

Bad:

away/again :|
could/would
clay/away
rain/flame (sound familiar?)

WOWY:

eyes/side
fate/wait
shore/more :eyebrow:

Hawkmoon 269:

rain/name :eyebrow: (Yeah, knees really is the only word he always repeats :| )
room/Hawkmoon
night/sunlight
been/nicotine (a bit of a stretch there :wink: )

etc...

Personally, the Bomb is not aging as well as All That... . I'm only listening to a few of the tracks these days. Meanwhile, All That... has been getting more complete start to finish plays than ever before. This is most likely due to being Vertigoed out. I imagine when the next album and tour hits I'll go back to the Bomb for big doses.

LemonMelon said:

:huh: Elementary? Rhyming is easy. It hasn't changed a lick for Bono.

Rhymes in Streets:

hide/inside
flame/name
face/trace
rain/name (which doesn't even rhyme that well)

Bad:

away/again :|
could/would
clay/away
rain/flame (sound familiar?)

WOWY:

eyes/side
fate/wait
shore/more :eyebrow:

Hawkmoon 269:

rain/name :eyebrow: (Yeah, knees really is the only word he always repeats :| )
room/Hawkmoon
night/sunlight
been/nicotine (a bit of a stretch there :wink: )

etc...

those rhymes > anything on HTDAAB:|

U2 came in from 2 decades of swimming in the depths and splashed around in the shallows.
I don't want to hear them do shallow. It does nothing for me.

it's a solid CD to me, though probably just in the middle of my favorite albums by the band.

the single version of All Because of You improved on the original greatly, and maybe even OOTS. never cared for LAPOE, but loved it live. like people said, a lot of these songs were did great justice live.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom