How do you say 1, 2, 3, 14 in GAELIC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I need to know how to write ONO, DOS, TRES, CATORCE in gaelic... for a t-shirt

does anyone know¿?

once, here, I read EN, TO, TRE, FJOARTEN (or FJAORTEN)

but in an english-gaelic transaltor, I got AON, DÀ, TRÌ, ------ (for 14 I got nothing)

anyone? :(

WalkOn21 said:
On another site they said it's:

Aon, do, tri, ceathair déag.

Having spent 14 years of school learning Irish, it's still with me six years later, I reckon the above is pretty much dead on.

I'd say: 'A hAon, a dó, a trí, a ceathair déag' would be dead on the button, with fadas!

he did it in gaelic 5/24 in boston, saying "this is not a spanish town, this is an irish town... 'A haon, dó, trí, ceathair ". no deag or whatever.

keosulli said:

Having spent 14 years of school learning Irish, it's still with me six years later, I reckon the above is pretty much dead on.

I'd say: 'A hAon, a dó, a trí, a ceathair déag' would be dead on the button, with fadas!

yep that's it spot on

It makes me cringe when Bono yells out... 'okay, time for some spanish lessons...' before starting Vertigo.

Spanish lessons, my ass! Wrong spanish lessons! :angry:

Zootlesque said:
It makes me cringe when Bono yells out... 'okay, time for some spanish lessons...' before starting Vertigo.

Spanish lessons, my ass! Wrong spanish lessons! :angry:

I believe it is a joke, my friend :wink:

zootles just wants him to start talking in german again like in the good ol' days :wink:

at my concert he started saying something about "atlanta....mamacita" or something, he also started talking about an indian summer at the end of beautiful day, that guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. :lol:

AtomicBono said:

I believe it is a joke, my friend :wink:

:lol: I realize that! But some dumb kid will think that's how you say 1 2 3 4 in spanish cos his idol Bono said so! :rolleyes:

VertigoGal said:
zootles just wants him to start talking in german again like in the good ol' days :wink:

at my concert he started saying something about "atlanta....mamacita" or something, he also started talking about an indian summer at the end of beautiful day, that guy has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. :lol:

:lmao: Sometimes he really has no clue what he's talking about on stage! But he gets away with it cos whatever he utters, the crowd goes wild anyway!

VertigoGal said:

:lmao: i love it when bono talks. he says some extraordinary stuff. "hey, put a p on arty and you get party, isn't that nice"

if dumb kids count wrong in spanish, well, that's their own fault for believing Bono of all people :wink:

Back
Top Bottom