How do you feel after the U2 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you feel after an U2 concert?

• I am still up in the sky with the B-Man!!!

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • I am a bit sad.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I am happy and sad.

Votes: 24 44.4%

• Total voters

A Maaaaaaan

The Fly
I am always a bit sad.:sad:
Don`t get me wrong! During the shows I just have a great time.
I left mother earth for 2 hours, but the landing is always a bit hard.(I am not an unhappy person in real life):sexywink:
Some of you maybe know what I mean.
What are your feelings when you walk out of the stadium or the
arena?

Last edited:
Sorry guys!
I made a fault.:idea:
The second option is not that good.
I think that there is no one who just leaves
the shows totally sad behind.
But you can choose between the first and the third
option. For me it is always a mixture of both feelings.
Forgive me.:sexywink:

Last edited:
I am usually still up in the sky for a new days afterward ... usually because when I tell people I went to see U2 they always ask how the show was, so I keep reliving it.

Sometimes when I listen to a boot of a show I've been to I still get that "U2 high."

Still up in the sky...and it's SO hard to go to sleep that night. I think that's when the sadness sets in...Except after my first show, which was on 6/27/97 in Chicago, I said to my mom, "We have GOT to go to the Detroit show."

After Popmart Detroit and Elevation Detroit I was just depressed because I knew I wouldn't be seeing them again for awhile...:(

I'm still up there on some cloud after the show, a bit shocked that I've had the experience I just had. That was particularly true after my first Elevation, in no small part because Bono jumped off the stage and damn near ran into me in GA! :drool:

let's get it on

Well after watching the PoPmart video, I used to always *score* right after 'one' ended. That giant :heart:on the stage with Bono hitting those "Hear us coming love,...................ayyyyyyyyyeeee aye ayeee whooooooo hooooooo hooooo" lyrics at the end always got some lucky lovely in the mood.

So I think one of your choices on the poll should have been feel like fornication/fornicating/ecstacy:up:

Last edited:
I feel higher then a kite after a U2 show. The depression doesnt set in for about a week after the concert. I never sleep after a U2 show, I have gone to 4 shows and I went to 2 in less then 5 days. It was so bizzare!

Naya said:
I'm usually sad that after months of waiting it's all over, but I'm still on a high and happy to have had that awesome experience.

Same here. The day after the concert is usually the worst- I still can vividly remember the concert and have a strong desire to tell everyone about it, but it's so sad that it's over.

I've only been to 2

after ZooTV -stunned by the enormity, jubilant during, after lots of lightening, the rain poured down during the last song. I was hugging my friends , we were saturated, 4 drowned rats and oh so happily in the moment.

Next time...3 years later popmart:eek: :heart: :eek: :heart: :eek: :heart:
I have never seen anything like it before or since.... I was satisfied and happy and just could not believe my luck or their talent.

I haven't worked out these poll things. What were the options?
Happy happy happy in my case:)

You left out "ready to be hospitalised":p

Seriously, seen em 4 times. The first, Popmart, well, god, I was overjoyed. A bit sad it was over, but overall feeling afterwards and on bus home was pure shock, pure numbness! It was a beautiful feeling:)

Hehe, the other 3, London, Elevation. Queueing all day for heart, holding front position. Hung over from night before. So, after going insane through U2, I've never felt as physically exhausted as I did then! Wow!
Slane1 was pretty much the same!
Slane2 was just wonderful, extremely good in all ways, not as tired as before cos better prepared, and just over the moon:)

I always felt ELEVATED after the shows. It wasn't until the last show I knew I would see that it would sink in that there was no more to see

But I agree with Lazyboy about how exhausted one can be. Being tired after you wait in line all day and you do this 2 days straight! (I'm refering especially to the Las Vegas GA line to the LA 3 GA line.......I was so tired that I couldn't think straight until after the show!!)

Even in Slane 1, the standing all day and pushing was exhausting, but the emotions and the setting was all worth it!! I don't mind feeling bummed after a show though because I know that that was a once in a lifetime experience and that it meant so much to me that the result is a little saddness.:(

I'm always hoping for just one more song to make this a truly one of a kind show, but I'm on a high for several hours afterward trying to remember the little things, reliving the setlist, obviously wanting to see a U2 show every night!!!

It's like the old saying, you don't realize what you have until it's gone (or in this case ended)!

Does only 1 concert count?

If so, I think "emotionally drained" is missing in the poll as well. At least it?s the way I felt after my only full concert, Popmart, 1998. And after feeling all the emotion I had waited for so many years I felt so in peace..."comfortably numb" comes to my mind as well (yup, that old Pink Floyd song ;)).

Their showcase I attended in Rio in Nov 2000 was way too short, but all I can remember is of an immense hapiness.

Larry said it best: I feel numb. :)

I did. I was SO overwhelmed with emotion, so exhausted, so wacked out from lack of sleep, travel, meeting tons of new people, seeing 3 shows in a week, then getting sick after I got back, I spent the next two weeks in a complete fog....a *happy* fog, but I don't remember much after getting home!

I've only been to 1 show, 10/25/01 NYC, U2 Elevation Concert.
I really felt elevated after the show. I couldn't hear clearly for about 10 minutes after because of all the singing, clapping, and the cheering of the fans.
I didn't want to come home, I wanted to stay there. I couldn't sleep that night and to think I had to wake up early the next morning to go to school :madspit: .
The next week was when the sadness really hit because I knew I wouldn't be seeing them anymore until the next tour. :scream:

Seriously, I don't know how U2 does it after every show. I can't imagine how they feel if I feel so high after only attending one show.

Skunk Anansie once named an album after it (after they opened a few times during the Popmart Tour):

"Post Orgasmic Chill"

For me, that's just about it...

I've seen 2 U2 shows, and I've cried at the end of both of them because I was so happy I saw the boys, but I was so sad it was over. My parents actually had to console me after the first show...but then they promised to take me to see them on the next tour...and I didn't let them forget that promise when Elevation rolled around! :D

You may not believe this, but I still haven't come down from the high of seeing them 3 times in one week last August!

How do I feel after a U2 concert? ELEVATED-ELATED-LIFTED

...and a hope in my heart to see them again when they tour next!

Back
Top Bottom