How do they look these days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i havent seen many photos of them recently

i was at work in the english winter when bono was on some news conference, and a co-worker emphasised the point that she was sick to death of bono's sunglasses

especially given the fact he wears them to hide his wrinkles

get over it, embrace your age, notice 'the who's' roger daltrey, hes been very effective with the 'michael crawford' look

or bono should take a look at adam, at least he is showing his grey hairs and crows feet. reading the book u2 by u2, edge has a couple of photos at the end where hes not wearing his beanie

They put on a little weight actually; this is the new promo shot for the Joshua Tree 25th anniversary addition:

conan-fat.jpg

:tsk:

Why didn't you just go to PLEBA??? They post every single pic of any band member that comes up.

CrashedCarDriver said:

especially given the fact he wears them to hide his wrinkles

I wonder if Elvis Costello fans give him a hard time for his glasses or Roy Orbison...

I wonder if Johnny Cash fans gave him a hard time for wearing black...

I wonder if other rock fans gave their favorite rock stars the same shit for wearing the trademark long hair, bandannas, or suits, etc...

Seems pretty silly.

elevated_u2_fan said:
They put on a little weight actually; this is the new promo shot for the Joshua Tree 25th anniversary addition:

conan-fat.jpg

I would soooo love it if someone made a t-shirt with that pic on it and wore it to a U2 show. I wonder if anyone would notice. :lmao:

elevated_u2_fan said:

conan-fat.jpg

I don't know if this picture made me want to puke more or cry more but it definetly gave me nightmares!

edge is still looking hot after putting on all that weight :wink:

bono as ape man=still amazingly sexy

^ I love the pictures with Alicia. Bono looks so much younger when he's smiling.

I wouldn't mind if he took off his glasses more often, there's really nothing to hide, but he's having issues with being photographed a gazillion times a day, so I totally understand why he's wearing them.

All of the guys are looking fine, though I haven't seen Larry and Adam in a while, but they are all aging well.

indra said:

I would soooo love it if someone made a t-shirt with that pic on it and wore it to a U2 show. I wonder if anyone would notice. :lmao:

Well.. go take some pics of other people you don't know, and alter it - then make it into a t-shirt, wear it to the place they frequent.
That should give you an idea of how well it might go over.
:eyebrow:

sue4u2 said:

Well.. go take some pics of other people you don't know, and alter it - then make it into a t-shirt, wear it to the place they frequent.
That should give you an idea of how well it might go over.
:eyebrow:

Do you really think people would notice it? It's an image (albeit altered) just about every U2 fan knows. So do they really look at it? I think most would just see it as a t-shirt with an image from the JT era and that's all that would register.

Seriously -- I knew a woman who stood in a wedding recieving line and said to each and every person who came through "This wedding was an awful mistake, wasn't it?" But she said it with a smile, and every single person smiled and said "yes it was lovely." No one heard what she actually said -- they just assumed she was saying what everyone always says there. (BTW -- the wedding was an awful mistake and didn't last long)

And I should do it next time I go see my fave band (not with a U2 shirt, but with an altered one of my fave band). I think most people -- including the band members -- would be rolling. ...hmm, blueeyedgirl -- want an altered t-shirt to wear to the next Choich gig? :wink:

Last edited:
In that Conan O'Brien episode, you may have noticed that all four members of U2 actually had a nice old giggle when that picture came up on the screen. Larry even clapped!

The Sad Punk said:
In that Conan O'Brien episode, you may have noticed that all four members of U2 actually had a nice old giggle when that picture came up on the screen. Larry even clapped!

I can imagine that. I think it would only be embarrassing if they really did look like that. Since they don't it's funny.

indra said:

Do you really think people would notice it? It's an image (albeit altered) just about every U2 fan knows. So do they really look at it? I think most would just see it as a t-shirt with an image from the JT era and that's all that would register.

Seriously -- I knew a woman who stood in a wedding recieving line and said to each and every person who came through "This wedding was an awful mistake, wasn't it?" But she said it with a smile, and every single person smiled and said "yes it was lovely." No one heard what she actually said -- they just assumed she was saying what everyone always says there. (BTW -- the wedding was an awful mistake and didn't last long)

And I should do it next time I go see my fave band (not with a U2 shirt, but with an altered one of my fave band). I think most people -- including the band members -- would be rolling. ...hmm, blueeyedgirl -- want an altered t-shirt to wear to the next Choich gig? :wink:

That wedding story is seriously briliant (and I've been sorely tempted to say something like that at a couple of weddings I've been to... :wink: )

Hmmm, an altered Choich t-shirt? An altered MWP...:ohmy: Quick send now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Is there actually a decent reason as to why every Pleban post in ETYKIW has something to do with Bono growing his hair again?

Do they know that U2 is a band

that plays music

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom