How did Bono get involved with Jubilee 2000?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
I'm doing a research paper on Bono
My thesis is Celebrities should use their fame to benefit others
im talking about the organizations hes involved with and all I really know about Jubilee is that its goal is to get the G8 to "drop the debt"
but how did bono get involved with this first off??
any info helps. i looked @ their website and it didnt help anybody got a better source?
Thanks

Also does anyone know where i can find that quote where Bono said something along the lines of Its not me who theyre scared of its the audience.
??

Some members of Jubilee 2000 came backstage at a PopMart show in 1997 to lobby Bono. Originally they just wanted someone to be the public face of the campaign -- I believe Tom Cruise had been the previous face -- for a year, but Bono really took the cause and ran with it. (Originally he was pretty skeptical.)

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
Also does anyone know where i can find that quote where Bono said something along the lines of Its not me who theyre scared of its the audience.
??

I'm not sure where in writing you can find that, but I'm pretty sure Bono says something of that nature in this austrailia interview when they first arrived...it's a good interview, funny too..

here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfpwFoXLt4c

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
??

I believe it could be in Bono in Conversation. It is something he has said in several instances though so it's not just one source. Also check the 2005 Rolling Stone interview.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom