How deep does your U2 obsession run?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
One of these days I promise I'm going to be Macphisto for Halloween. I've wanted to do it for 5 years now. :drool:

Macphisto would be absolutely killer, but damn hard to do.

God, would it be cool, though.

coolian2 said:
Compared to people around me in the real world i'm a nut.

On here i've got nothing.

Same here - even at the height of my obsession a couple of years ago I looked positively sane compared to the rest of you fine folks. :wink:

when U2 by U2 came out, my local bookstore had a few copies, but they were all sadly mangled and scratched across the cover. that paper cover sheet isn't very durable. i drove around to three different stores in my area in search of a pristine copy...because who wants an unfortunately ugly wrinkly one? i didn't really find a perfect one but i bought the best one i could salvage after rummaging through at least 30 books -__________-

tuwie said:
when U2 by U2 came out, my local bookstore had a few copies, but they were all sadly mangled and scratched across the cover. that paper cover sheet isn't very durable. i drove around to three different stores in my area in search of a pristine copy...because who wants an unfortunately ugly wrinkly one? i didn't really find a perfect one but i bought the best one i could salvage after rummaging through at least 30 books -__________-

LOL! I did the same thing. Only the books were on display on a shelf near the information booth. The guy behind the counter kept giving me very suspicious looks as I looked at the covers of each and every book -- front and back -- several times, trying to find the "best" one. :reject: :wink:

Deep. So very deep.

I made a red velvet cake today. While singing "If you bake that velvet cake..." softly to myself :reject:

I have over 700 U2 photos on my harddrive. Over 300 of them are just Bono. I spend too much time in PLEBA. I write fanfic, the longest of which is already over 60 pages (though it's nearing completion). My CD and DVD shelves are beginning to be dominated by U2. My bookshelf has escaped this fate simply because Stephen King has written more books. I collect funky sunglasses (as in Bono-like, though I certainly can't afford actual Bono shades) even though, due to having terrible vision and needing prescription glasses, I rarely get to even wear the sunglasses I collect. I talk about U2 way too much, and my friends are all sick of hearing about them.

Loar said:
Let's just say that I had better costume ideas, but none that I wanted to try out more than this one. And yeah, that's me.

medge2.jpg
:lmao: !!
Oh man. I dress like him constantly without even realising it.
I don't even need Halloween for it... it just seems to happen. :sad:

34849878%3A%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232787%3B%3B%3B338nu0mrj

Mr. LG calls Bono my 'boyfriend.' He's even sent me flowers at work and signed them "Love, your boyfriend Bono." One girl at my job still thinks I'm cheating on my husband. (She's pretty dense though.) I have a pass from Mr. LG if I ever get the opportunity to 'be' with Bono. :wink: Actually when I told him about when Bono nibbled on my fingers, he seemed like it kind of turned him on too. But, all in all, he's grown quite sick of U2. He likes them, but he doesn't really get my obession. He calls other PLEBAns my 'U2 sisters.' I'm not going to Hawaii because I know it'll threaten our marriage. I went to way too many Elevation and Vertigo shows and am currently buried in U2 debt (all well worth it, BTW), so my only shot is winning that freaking contest. *crosses fingers*

Whenever my hubby gets me upset I bring out a picture of Bono and put it in front of the cats and tell them, "See? There's your real daddy. He'll come for you soon." He gets quiet very fast. Come to think of it, I haven't had to do it for a long time now. :hmm:

I used to collect any magazine, CD, newspaper article, any form of media with the slightest hint of a U2 mention in it. Then I realized I have way too much crap, and the Internet will provide me with any printed article or picture and I can save it to photobucket or snapfish, so I've stopped saving printed stuff.

Lots of people I know are my U2 scouts, trying to surprise me with any news or info they hear (which of course I've already heard), and on more than one occasion where U2 is playing on television (Super Bowl, Basketball halftime shows) my phone rings with people telling me about it.

Oh and I have a tattoo of a fly on my ankle and a sun on the back of my neck ('they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by the moon'), and my next one will be angel wings like the ones from the Sometimes video on Bono's hoodie.

Last edited:
Ummm...I don't know where to start :reject:

All my walls and ceiling are completely covered in U2 stuff. Looks like U2 wallpaper :drool:
I have a hugeass shelf filled with U2 cds, dvds, book, vinyl etc.
I think about them ALL. THE. TIME. and there's always a U2 CD in my CD player!
Everytime someone says anything like "Edge" or "You too" I squeal.
I get excited at work (supermarket) when customers buy "Advant-EDGE" energy bars.
If U2 comes on in a shop, I start singing and dancing until it's over!
The list goes on and on and on!! :drool:

I won't get out of my car until the song on the cd ends. Yeah I spend a lot of time sittin' in the car all by myself in the driveway when everyone else has gone inside .

I always buy U2 mags and look for U2 in the paper

In ireland at the mo they have little biographys and i bought the Bono one even though after i got home i realised that its the same as the Bono biography i bought the month before :p

hmm I'm dressing up as bono for halloween even though i wont look anything like him i'll just look like some chick in a black turtle neck and black jeans :p

Aaaaand when i found out U2 were in dublin i caught the earliest bus that morning so i could attempt to meet them

Obsession is bliss

Lol, I went to Waterstone's, an ENGLISH bookstore here, didn't have it.... went to a huge DUTCH bookstore, and they had it :D
Bono's first comments :lol:

and yea, this scares me.... people say PLEBAns are Bono's scariest fans? I think not.
What was the best thing you've ever seen in Q?

Britney spears: There was something you did on Bono one time...
Am I wrong? I thought that was kinda cool. A lot of his quotes are kind of quirky. he's cool.

LOL bonocomet i do the same thing with U2 and Josh Groban ;] it's fabulous. i used to measure distances in josh groban songs. like, someone would ask me how long it takes for me to drive to school, and i would reply "5 josh groban songs"

and dude, lemon grrrrl, your lisence plate kicks ass.
<3

tuwie said:
LOL bonocomet i do the same thing with U2 and Josh Groban ;] it's fabulous. i used to measure distances in josh groban songs. like, someone would ask me how long it takes for me to drive to school, and i would reply "5 josh groban songs"

and dude, lemon grrrrl, your lisence plate kicks ass.
<3

:rockon:

Actually I need a new license plate frame, since my old car was purple and my new one is green, the frame doesn't look very nice on my new car. I shall get one soon though.

One thing about my new car ('07 Saturn ION 3) is that when I stop the car and take the keys out of the ignition, the radio will keep playing for about 10 minutes or so, which is perfect for listening to my boys finish their song as I run errands. I'll even time my drive home so I can listen to the last few notes just as I'm pulling in. If the song just comes on the radio as I'm really close to my place, I'll circle around the block just to make sure I hear the song.

Another thing I do is sing U2 songs in the shower. Not strange, I'm sure we've all done it before. But I will start with one song and then find a lyric or a word in that song and then think of another U2 song with the same lyric or word and go from there.

Last time we met, it was a low-lit room
Your blue room...time is a string of pearls...
In through a doorway, she brings me white golden pearls stolen from the sea
In summer, I can taste the salt in the sea...In the time when new media Was the big idea
All the information, all the big ideas

And so on. :reject:

Yay, the news agents just called and they found the one and only copy, of the Q magazine with U2 on the cover, in the whole of Finland! :ohmy: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here who does extraordinary things in the name of U2!! :wink:

Lemongrrrrrl I Loooove your licence plate!! :love: Especially the 'Big Girls are Best'! :sexywink: And your singing in the shower....:lol: ....I have to admit to doing the same although I'm no where near as creative as you!!! :wink:

coolian2 said:
Compared to people around me in the real world i'm a nut.

On here i've got nothing.

In normal life I'm more fanatic and obsessed about U2 than anyone I know is about anything. On here I pale in comparison, it makes me sad sometimes. I didn't even buy my tickets :reject: I'm only going to one show :reject: I've never queued up early in the morning or overnight or in the rain or cold for U2 signings or tix :reject:

But

I have signed up to Google Alerts to receive a link to every news story that concerns U2. I have received about 40 emails about U2's break-up with Island.

When my brother told me that there was an ad on TV saying ZooTV was on I made him rewind to the exact moment the ad was on.

On this gaming website when someone says good lcuk to me I say "Good luck to U2....are a great band. No but seriously, good luck."

The radio goes blasting whenever U2 comes on. I will not fall shjort in my description of U2's songs, albums, tours, etc.

I get CONSTANT crap from everyone (including family) because I buy everything U2 brings out, and that I don't download their albums and songs. I'm sorry but a blank disc with the word 'Hutdab' on it is not the same as having Hutdab itself.

But yea on here I don't think I'd even classify as a fanatic.

Last time we met, it was a low-lit room
Your blue room...time is a string of pearls...
In through a doorway, she brings me white golden pearls stolen from the sea
In summer, I can taste the salt in the sea...In the time when new media Was the big idea
All the information, all the big ideas

Awesome idea. I'll try it in the morning before I go to cricket. I also sing in the shower. I'll start usually with Zoo Station (and I don't just sing the vocals, I make the guitar noises as well (I've been caught so many times, everyone thinks I'm a retard)) and try to get through that. But I get distracted thinking about U2.

For some reason I also think about this forum WAY too much. Like what I'm gonna post, say, etc. That annoys me sometimes.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I have over 700 U2 photos on my harddrive. Over 300 of them are just Bono.

I have over 1000 of Bono alone... :shifty: but i havent been keeping up lately.

I have to say lately my U2 obsession hasn't been in full gear. I don't even have U2 by U2 yet, and I didn't catch Bono on Oprah, and I haven't watched the concert part of the ZooTV DVD yet (I have the VHS though). I've just been too busy to be U2 obsessed :wink: but I used to be soooo much more...I remember years ago I was watching the Even Better Than The Real Thing video with my friend and we had it on slow motion to read the words in the background, and he read four words (I forget what they were, I think "all to size up" or something like that) and I was like "I KNOW WHERE THOSE FOUR WORDS ARE FROM" and I got out a magazine and found the exact article and words from it. :coocoo: amazing that this guy is still my friend!

hcbiggs2002 said:
Just like to know, coz yesterday, I went to my local news agents to find the November issue of Q that has 20 different covers to celebrate their 20th anniversary. And I was hoping to find the U2 cover which unfortunately I didn't, but I was going to buy a copy anyway coz of the U2 interview inside, but I decided to ask the sale person at the counter about the possiblity of finding the U2 cover version, i.e did they have it in stock, she said no, but she would put the word out to ALL the newspaper agents in the WHOLE country (i.e. Finland) to see if the U2 cover was available anywhere and put an order in for me! Now I'm just waiting to hear from the news agents!! :ohmy:

Does any one think is this to be a little too extreme? :wink:

Wow, what a coincidence! I did something crazy today and it is related to the November Q issue. Driving back from work, I decided to stop at Borders book stores and check out discount CDs. Didn't even remember about this special Q issue until I glanced at it and realized it was packed with good stuff. And the U2 cover was right in front too! As I grabbed it, I realized that the edges of the binding were kinda worn out, I guess from people picking it up and reading it. The printing on the side had also faded out a bit even though the cover was mostly intact. There was no other issue with U2 on the cover. Being anal about it, I left without getting it to check out the Barnes & Noble store practically at the other end of town. I go there and find out that they have Paul McCartney, Michael Stipe, David Gilmour, Noel Gallagher and Dido but no U2! :mad: So, fearing that if I waited till the next day it would get sold out, I drove all the way back to Borders to get the issue I saw before. :crack:

:lol: ^... that is so awesomely obsessive!

I have all my friends and family cutting out pictures for me and sending me various website links when they find something U2 related (but that just shows you how much i talk about them)

i don't know what it is about magazines that make us go crazy looking for them...its like anxiousness

This year I made my boyfriend drive me all over miami looking for the vanity fair issue that had Bono inside...I couldn't find it anywhere...we went to about four different bookstores:huh: let's just say he wasn't very pleased...

Re: Re: Re: How deep does your U2 obsession run?!

cruzila said:

You stole the one issue of U2 they had at BN and I stole the one they had Borders! We are the craziest U2 fans in that area I think! :laugh:

I bought this when I lived in California. I sneaked it into Staples Center in 2001 :shifty: I was behind the stage, and as U2 were leaving the stage I held it up. I could see Bono squinting trying to read it, but I'm not sure if I was close enough - I think I was just a little out of eyesight distance for him to read it.

DSCF2767.jpg

These hang in my computer room.
348569937%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232385487%3C7%3A3ot1lsi

348569993%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323688%3C6%3C%3A77ot1lsi

Me? Obsessed? Whatever gave you that idea? :angel:

^
wow, are these drawings???:ohmy: did you draw them yourself? if so, then you're very talented i must say...
well, i will have a life-sized drawing of bono hanging in my room as soon as it is finished:crazy: :whistle: ...in 2 days, maybe:crack:

*not obsessed*

btw, these resemble mine quite a bit :hmm:

moussy said:
^
wow, are these drawings???:ohmy: did you draw them yourself? if so, then you're very talented i must say...
well, i will have a life-sized drawing of bono hanging in my room as soon as it is finished:crazy: :whistle: ...in 2 days, maybe:crack:

*not obsessed*

btw, these resemble mine quite a bit :hmm:

Will you be posting a photo ? :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom