how come U2 never thank the fans at all these award shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well I've never once heard Larry mention his dog or say anything kind about me, and Bono dosen't even admit to having a dog
frown.gif

When was the last time you saw U2 serious on one of these award shows? It almost seems like they're making a mockery of it. Just look at the last grammies, it took till the final award of the night for them to thank anyone and it took Adam to do it. Maybe, they take the fans for granted, but it seems to me they are so preoccupied with saying something humorous and interesting.

Originally posted by qball7200:
When was the last time you saw U2 serious on one of these award shows? It almost seems like they're making a mockery of it. Just look at the last grammies, it took till the final award of the night for them to thank anyone and it took Adam to do it. Maybe, they take the fans for granted, but it seems to me they are so preoccupied with saying something humorous and interesting.

Their not making a mockery of it....they are just having fun with it. When you win so many damn awards the people in the crowd and at home tire of the same old "thank you" speeches. U2 comes up with funny, original and upbeat and truthful things to say. The last 2 grammies are evidence of my statement...

Back
Top Bottom