How come they never played "When I look at the world"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just wondering why U2 has never played "When I look at the world" in concert other then that little bit that was added into Bad at one show. It's my favotire song off of ATYCLB and I really wish they'd do it. What makes it so hard?

Last edited:
They did a few snippets of it in the Kansas Elevation show but nowhere near the arrangement of the album, just Bono and Edge.

It just happened to be one of the songs that didn't make it through the cutting room when U2 was rehearsing. Everytime they release a new album, they leave out around 2 to 3 songs which they never play live perhaps because they lack time to practice all the songs or some songs are just too complicated to learn or do well in the live setting.

For example, I dont think "Grace" or "So Cruel" (full band like the album) would ever make a good live song with the band in full flight.

Cheers,

J

I guess it has to do with the fact the song has really high notes during the chorus, which means that Bono's voice really would be under pressure. Thats pretty difficult during a long tour. We know Bono has sometimes problems with his voice. They have rehearsed the song but couldnt get it done like they wanted to. They had the same problem with Kite, which also has some difficult parts. They put that song in later in the tour.

When I look at the world is my favourite song of ATYCLB, too...it probably just didn't work out live. A pity.

I like to call this songs like "B sides songs", those songs that are hardly people's favorites, so at the live concerts they just try to play the hits, and not the "b sides songs"

That's the way I see it
:wave:

I was really looking forward to that song on the tour, that and Kite are my two favorites from Atyclb. The guitar solo in the middle would have been incredible to hear live.

Back
Top Bottom