How come there have been no DYFL remixes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobvok

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It seems rather strange if you ask me. Discotheque, Mofo, and Lemon have all had a bevy of useless remixes but Do You Feel Loved, as far as I know has had zero remixes despite being just as electronic/dance influenced as the other three.

Seems to be DYFL's lot in life, being sandwiched and forgotten between better known songs...:( :wink: :ohmy:

Anyone know of any?

Well, Discotheque, Mofo, and Lemon were all released as singles but DYFL wasn't.

That would probably go quite a way to explaining why.

On a practical level I guess that does explain it, but it still seems curious though that no one at all would have picked up a track like DYFL.

There's a Miracle Drug remix out there for crying out loud.

Wasn't that Miracle Drug remix commissioned by the band but then when they chose not to use it, the remixer released it himself?

Axver said:
Wasn't that Miracle Drug remix commissioned by the band but then when they chose not to use it, the remixer released it himself?

Yeah, I think it's called the Redanka Mix. I'd at least expect to find one or two mixes out there like that for DYFL.

But hey. :shrug: Maybe there just aren't.

The Miracle Drug Redanka Mix is one of the best U2 remixes of the past 15 years, it's a shame they didn't commission it

as for DYFL, it's already got a great groove to it and amazing bassline, so why would you want a remix to an already dance-able track? :shrug:

It wasn't a single, it almost wasn't played live and... it was the 2nd weakest song in PoP. IMO of course.

I do not agree. I think 'Do you feel loved' is one of the best tunes from the Pop album. I never understood too why did they left playing the song live, because I think the song sounds great live (and with Bono saying those 'into the groove', 'come on now' things...).

I did a search on eDonkey for 'do you feel loved remix' and I found this:

ed2k://|file|U2.-.Do.You.Feel.Loved.(Alien.Groove.Sensation.Remix)_mp3|9606083|5C44B21882C7C31C8E699532C5BAFDC8|/

:hmm:

That's an eDonkey-link, you can open it with for example eMule.

i dont think the point was so much that the song was perfect the way it is, or terrible the way it is, but rather that it seems to be one of their more "techony" songs and there are zero remixes of it, yet there are remixes of other songs.

a valid point.

WalkOn21 said:
I did a search on eDonkey for 'do you feel loved remix' and I found this:

ed2k://|file|U2.-.Do.You.Feel.Loved.(Alien.Groove.Sensation.Remix)_mp3|9606083|5C44B21882C7C31C8E699532C5BAFDC8|/

:hmm:

That's an eDonkey-link, you can open it with for example eMule.
typical internet idiocy, like when "smashing pumpkins - sunday bloody sunday" is The Edge solo in Sarajevo. Alien Groove Sensation is the original song by Naked Funk that U2 was inspired by.

I love the song and U2 seems to want to forget it. I wish they would have released it as a singe. In my opinion it would have made a great single.

Nisse said:

typical internet idiocy, like when "smashing pumpkins - sunday bloody sunday" is The Edge solo in Sarajevo. Alien Groove Sensation is the original song by Naked Funk that U2 was inspired by.
I just listened to it, and 'inspired by' seems to be a bit of an understatement. :huh:

At least 2 riffs have been exactly copied.

Didn't P. Diddy want to remix "Do You Feel Loved" a few years ago and the band said no?

I got 2 remixes of DYFL (unofficial).

Do You Feel Loved (WinGroove Mix)
Do You Feel Loved (Alien Groove Sensation)

The first one belongs to the Crayon remixes (entirely instrumental) and the second one to the Strawberry fruitleg.

Aygo said:

I do not agree. I think 'Do you feel loved' is one of the best tunes from the Pop album. I never understood too why did they left playing the song live, because I think the song sounds great live (and with Bono saying those 'into the groove', 'come on now' things...).

Já sabemos que isto está sujeito à opinião de cada um. Para mim é uma "skipper", pior no PoP só a Miami.

é giro falar português por aqui
lol
abraços

:wink:

Já sabemos que isto está sujeito à opinião de cada um. Para mim é uma "skipper", pior no PoP só a Miami.

é giro falar português por aqui
lol
abraços

bem, é verdade, 'a beleza está no olho do observador' eheheh
abraço, fica bem:wink:

=

well, in fact. 'beauty is in the eye of the viewer' hihihi
hugz, stay cool

I think DYFL has a great bassline (one of Adam's best works), a good drumming work (unusual, and that funky vibe rules), and in the live version I just looooove the guitar work (better that in the studio version) and Bono shooting those sentences and those 'into the groove' snippets... Wow, I just get mad when I listen to that thing....:drool:

OpperGoeroe said:
I got 2 remixes of DYFL (unofficial).

Do You Feel Loved (WinGroove Mix)
Do You Feel Loved (Alien Groove Sensation)

The first one belongs to the Crayon remixes (entirely instrumental) and the second one to the Strawberry fruitleg.
Can you post the first one? :)

The second one is apparently not a remix, but another song by which U2 were inspired (it's somewhere in this thread).

Back
Top Bottom