How Are You All?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Slow Loris

War Child
Hi everyone. Just got back from Florida with the boys. This tour was mad! Every night something special happened. I even met another Loris! While we were in LA, Jay Leno introduced me to one he had on the show a while ago (he didn't pronounce her name correctly, either!). I offered to bring her along for the next tour. We all ended up going for a Guiness after the show, and we all had to endure another endless episode of Bono telling us for the hundredth time of the next U2 album, which they are now almost finished. He's so excited about it. Let's just say that jazz fusion has nothing on guitar splicing. This next album is going to blow your minds! Edge has basically taken the pop element from ATYCLB, turned it on its head, and produced an electronic ambience that I previously only suspected a liquid trumpet could play. It's like high tech opera gone mad. Quite exciting really, and, if I dare say, revolutionary for the medium of guitar rock...

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the album...turns out 'The Sun The Moon The Stars' will not be on this new one. Guess that's a song that was only meant for me...

Remember, don't hate me 'cause I'm adorable! Lorises have feelings too you know!

------------------
Skinny the Link

[This message has been edited by The Slow Loris (edited 12-11-2001).]

Hellooooooooo!!!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

TheU2,

Oh, you're right! My little Slow Loris hands have difficulty typing. Either that or I'm still drunk from the Guiness, er...Guinness. And on me going away, let's go there together! Hug for you, TheU2!

------------------
Skinny the Link

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Didn't some of you think this was The Edge a few months ago?

I thought it was crazy mammal

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 12-11-2001).]

Originally posted by TheU2:

I thought it was an annoying fuck....

CK

What the hell is your problem?

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by TheU2:
Stop putting words in my mouth.

I like you Bonochick....

CK

I didn't put words in your mouth.

And I like U2...
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Hey Bretig,

I am and I'm not the same Skinny The Link. A lot has changed in this Loris's life since the last time I crawled in here. This tour has beaten a lot out of me. I hope I haven't changed too much that I'm no longer the same beautiful creature of the forests...but time will tell.

And TheU2,

if I am so annoying, I thank you for being such a masochist for sticking around this thread, let alone entering it! Big kiss for you!

------------------
Skinny the Link

[This message has been edited by The Slow Loris (edited 12-11-2001).]

Welcome back The Slow Loris. Regardless of your identity, you strike me as a fine entertainer. I enjoy reading what you have to say. Nothing more, nothing less. I would never ask anything of you except for one thing. Do not disappear too long next time.

Look after yourself and lay off gin(n)ess a little.
biggrin.gif

Hello Loris, I have never seen you around.

What's with the animosity?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 12-11-2001).]

I've never heard of this Loris guy... whats his story?

if he's genuine than HOLY %$$#@*&$#@! Im pumped!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Yay!!! The Loris is back!!!
smile.gif

Welcome back, old friend. I have missed you. Although I am sure that your experiences on the tour have changed you, I am just as certain that you are still a beautiful creature of the forest. It is not you that I am worried about because I know your heart is true. The thing that concerns me is whether interference itself has become too cynical of a place to believe in Lorises. I'd like to think that there is room here for creatures of all kinds. After all, we already have pandas, deathbears and wild monkeys hanging around the place.

I agree with zoomanda that the Loris is a happy creature that has been misunderstood over time. He has a good heart and his intentions are pure. He would never set out to deliberately hurt a person and so I am asking you all to please be gentle with the Loris. Basically, If you mess with him, you will be messing with me. But if we are nice to the Loris perhaps he wil reward us with stories about his adventures on the Elevation tour.

For those of you that were not here the last time the Loris came to visit and want to know more about him, you can check the link in his profile.

*hugs, smooches and mangoes for Skinny the Link*

Come out and play! I believe in you!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by The Slow Loris:

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the album...turns out 'The Sun The Moon The Stars' will not be on this new one. Guess that's a song that was only meant for me...

You heard it? What did it sound like?

------------------
And I felt like a star...

i am ready to eat you again, slow loris. i guess my gastric tract didn't metabolize you like i thought!

*slurp*

------------------
Fatty the Skank

Loris! It's been so long, but you're finally back. It's so nice to hear from you again. I was wondering about The Sun The Moon The Stars, you know. Don't you think perhaps you could convince the band to let me hear it as well?

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Hi you funny humans! For those of you who are asking about what 'The Sun, The Moon, The Stars' sounds like, I can best describe it as a breezy summer song, lost in a haze of beauty. Here are the lyrics for you, my human friends...

"The Sun The Moon The Stars"

Piano intro verses:

When we pushed ourselves over / When we swam further
down under / And ran on through that oh so slippery
way / It was the sun, the moon, the stars that melted
away / The fire in the night that pulled our dreams away / Into the orange and the gold / Crashing against an open sea, an open sea / falling into your arms, not needing to breathe / These waves, they now come crashing in / Bringing me back down under your skin / It was through these liquid shards / And the sun the moon, the Stars...

Chorus:

And she finds her way just as you look away / You walk
on by in the shadow she kept for you / In the candle
she lit for you / In the ocean she pulled for you /
And she slips away.../ It was the sun, the moon, the
stars.../ Her eyes, the skylight in my afternoon / Her
hands, the hourglass of this moment / She shall not
pass, shall not pass...it was the sun, the moon, the
stars...never to fall through.../ No, she shall not
pass...

Verse:

And so she goes as the eyes of the world are closed /
As the kings in high places lose control / the Earth
becoming the friend betrayed / a pearl in a sea,
never to fade / Below these skies, our world is still breathing / As a firefly at dusk keeps singing...oh,
hmmmyeah...*scat singing (falsetto)*

Chorus:

And she finds her way just as you look away / You walk
on by in the shadow she kept for you / In the candle
she lit for you / In the ocean she pulled for you /
And she slips away / It was the sun, the moon the
stars... / *scat singing* the skylight in my
afternoon.../ Her hands, the hourglass of my moment /
She shall not pass, shall not pass / For it was the
sun, the moon, the stars...

Reprise:

Never to fall through / Never to die out / Never to
fall out / Never to drop out / Never to cry out /
Never to burn out / Never to fade out / Never to pass
on through / No, for this shall not pass...

Outro Verses:

And sometimes I fall away against her night / Under
the crack that lets through the light / Pushed inside,
it's only of you / yeah, it's candlelight / Through
the window an explosion seeps in / And these lights in the sky all turn dim / Beyond this silence I hear her cry / Yeah, beyond it all, the buzz of a firefly / And I fall away into her arms / Beyond the sun the moon and
the stars...

All in all, a nice little song that, just like everything that's on ATYCLB, is even more relevant now than before...

------------------
Skinny the Link

[This message has been edited by The Slow Loris (edited 12-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Slow Loris (edited 12-12-2001).]

filled with anticipation for another season of Slow Loris bollocks. That's how I am.

Back
Top Bottom