How are they gonna keep the album off downloading sites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Personally, I'm not going to download it AFTER it's available in the stores; I'm going to buy it. But there are plenty of people who won't spend the money and just try to download it instead. I wonder if u2 has plans to screw up any chances of downloading. For example, if you look for Seal's single "Love's Divine" on Kazzaa, you get like a thousand files to choose from, but if you download any all you hear is static. I wonder if u2 will employ a simliar method?

What I normally do, is I will download three songs (one of which is the first single) and make my self a three song, pre-release single/EP! Then, I take the cover of the album and just write the word EP under where it says the title! And I listen to it over and over again until the actual CD comes out. Yes, I am pretty pathetic.

:ohmy: I will be downloading the mp3 if it comes out and I'll probably buy 3 or 4 cds of the album and give them as gifts. I did that last time when ATYCLB came out. By the way, hello from Texas!!

yeah, i'll probabley download the whole album if its leaked before the release...still will by an official copy.

no one will ever stop this from happening though, its almost impossible....

has anyone looked at the 6 Mb files of ABOY on kazza....i reckon there just looped...

:eyebrow: 6 mb file? Yeah sounds like a loop. I remember in 2000, when the last album was going to be released I found 20 mp3s of Beautiful Day, all looped or altered to fit a 4 minute time frame. Crazy!

I'd download every snippet, every sample, and every track I could if its available. I want to hear new u2! I'll still buy everything they release (new album, new DVD), so it's not like I feel bad doing so.

Well, besides the single I won't download anything before the official release. I wouldn't really feel guilty, because either way I'd buy the album, but I just don't want to spoil it for myself!!! This is my first awaited U2 album and I want it to be amazing when I get it. I want to buy it, rush out to my car and pop it in my CD player. The thought is so exciting, like Christmas or something!

I just hope I can control myself. It'll be hard to see links to brand new songs and not click on them.

You know, even though some of us here say they won't download a song or album we most likely will. But that won't stop us from rushing to the store to pick it up on the day it is released.

U2/Interscope will probably do the dummy file thing, but then again they might just let the first single ride on the 'Net and stir up all the publicity it can.

RademR said:
I'd download every snippet, every sample, and every track I could if its available. I want to hear new u2! I'll still buy everything they release (new album, new DVD), so it's not like I feel bad doing so.

Ditto. I'm so hungry for something new that I'd download just about anything at this point. :huh: It won't stop me from buying anything though.

I haven't been on Kazaa in years, I thought it was full of crap dummy files by now. Um I imagine it'll hit a couple of other places (that almost never have dummy files) before Kazaa anyway.

U2 never used to care about downloading. They were quite cool about it, actually. Unfortunately, now they're a lot more tight about it which sucks.

Well, I for one will download every track I can before the album comes out, and when the cd is in stores, I'll buy it the day it's released.

Well i downloaded everything i could find and all from this site..:lol:..I don't feel guilty i'm buying the album on Tuesday and have already bought the collectors edition from Amazon...even before the whole leak thing...So i'm not worried..and i don't even frequent file sharing sites that much anymore too much spyware and crap for me and my puter..hehe :)

Back
Top Bottom