How are Bono's vocals on the new Pop Mart DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peterrrrr said:

No I think his voice are way better on Chicago, compare WOWY, WTSHNN and One to the versions on Mexico. And I think he could easy do MOOOOFOOO on that show.

Why is this even a comparison? Bono's voice on the Vertigo Tour was the best since ZooTV.

That's close to being an indisputable fact.

Right now, he has no voice---the dvd isn't out yet. Fo-shizzle.

I still prefer when he sounded like this guy:

300px-Kermit2005.jpg

Compare his "Say It's true " part of NYD in mexico , with the same in elevation and chicago , It's much better

coolian2 said:

No, no Kermit visit their show alot on JT/LT tour. He also visit them on some shows on ZooTV and on the 4th leg of Vertigo tour.

After Kermit got alcoholic problems, they leaved him in the harbour in Dublin.

kermit_1139193360.jpg

kermit6.jpg

J_NP said:
Compare his "Say It's true " part of NYD in mexico , with the same in elevation and chicago , It's much better

that's one note, we talking overall voice, like I wrote before compare for an example WTSHNN, WOWY and One on Chicago to the Mexico versions.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Vertigo era Bono could do the MOFO scream with his left pinky
( listen to the Slane DVD wailing between AIWIY-Streets, that owns MOFO anytime).

just thinking about it now gives me chills along with New Years Day - "we can be one" :up:
I realize it's all personal opinion, but his voice on Slane rocks my world and that's all I need!! :hyper:
I also have a bootleg of Landsdown Rd concert in Dublin (97) and Please :drool: brings me to my knees. (excuse the pun)
Which says only 2 things, I can't pick the best vocal year(s)
and I don't think anyone else really can say their "best one ever" is the winner.

I ran into Kermit at a PLA (Pig Lovers Anonymous) meeting.

He sends his regards.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I ran into Kermit at a PLA (Pig Lovers Anonymous) meeting.

He sends his regards.

Great job at keeping it anonymous. :tsk:

Yahweh_OMG said:

OWE NOEZ EVARTHING ABOOT ZOOTV WUZ PERPHECT! TEH BLASFEMY! :yikes:

Bono's vocals were weak during Zoo TV/Zooropa/Zoomerang, especially compared to the JT years.

Yahweh_OMG said:

Tell me one night when Bono on ZooTV hit the high note "don't you look back" on WGRYWH ike he did on Vertigo tour, tell me one night when Bono hold the high C on Bad on ZooTV like he did on Vertigo tour. Tell me why Bono had hard to sng the snippet of One Tree Hill on ZooTV but did very well on Vertigo tour. Tell me one night on ZooTV when Bono pushes his voice like he did on Vertigo tour("sing" 8 seconds, l'amoure" 11 sec, touch 5 sec...).

Infact Popmart Edmonton both shows had some of Bonos best vocals on the entire tour. I have heard most of the shows off that tour, Mexico is someplace in the middle of that list not great and not bad but it was still a great show, and certainly had more magic then either Chicago or Boston as far as a band performance.

Peterrrrr said:

Tell me one night when Bono on ZooTV hit the high note "don't you look back" on WGRYWH ike he did on Vertigo tour, tell me one night when Bono hold the high C on Bad on ZooTV like he did on Vertigo tour. Tell me why Bono had hard to sng the snippet of One Tree Hill on ZooTV but did very well on Vertigo tour. Tell me one night on ZooTV when Bono pushes his voice like he did on Vertigo tour("sing" 8 seconds, l'amoure" 11 sec, touch 5 sec...).

Pick any night..... WGRYWH was well done during Vertigo, but please listen carefully to some US ZooTV show in 1992 and compare it!
There was no Miss Sarajevo during Zoo TV, so no comparison is possible.
Compare New Year's day, compare Bullet, compare almost what ever you want..... Zoo wins it.
Of course, with the new songs it's hard to compare....

at the end of ultraviolet he does a an opera bit in the zootv tour which dispite my love for miss sarajevo, hands down wins. See also in Lemon live in sydney "midniiiiiiight is where the day begiins"

Yahweh_OMG said:

Pick any night..... WGRYWH was well done during Vertigo, but please listen carefully to some US ZooTV show in 1992 and compare it!
There was no Miss Sarajevo during Zoo TV, so no comparison is possible.
Compare New Year's day, compare Bullet, compare almost what ever you want..... Zoo wins it.
Of course, with the new songs it's hard to compare....

But still he dosent hit the high don't you look back note on any ZooTV show, he did on Vertigo tour.

I don't think he would hit the L'amoure note in Miss Sarajevo on ZooTV...

Well NYD on the 5th leg : "say it's true", he hold that note very good.

And still Bono wasnt even able to sing the OTH snippet good on ZooTV, he sang the song alot better on Vertigo.

Bono's voice on Vertigo tour was much stronger in High notes and holding high notes, his basic voice, the one when he sings not low and not very high was a bit stronger on ZooTV but Vertigo Bono wins when it comes to the high notes and I think high notes wins. :)

Peterrrrr said:

But still he dosent hit the high don't you look back note on any ZooTV show, he did on Vertigo tour.

I don't think he would hit the L'amoure note in Miss Sarajevo on ZooTV...

Well NYD on the 5th leg : "say it's true", he hold that note very good.

And still Bono wasnt even able to sing the OTH snippet good on ZooTV, he sang the song alot better on Vertigo.

Bono's voice on Vertigo tour was much stronger in High notes and holding high notes, his basic voice, the one when he sings not low and not very high was a bit stronger on ZooTV but Vertigo Bono wins when it comes to the high notes and I think high notes wins. :)

Anyway.... :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom