Hoo saw Daily show 2nigh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't see it today, but I saw it some other night and he kinda slammed U2. He said something along the lines of... *voice dripping with sarcasm* "Yeah, I'd *much* rather listen to Bono sing about 3rd world debt than watch a bunch of scantily clad playboy bunnies..."
rolleyes.gif

K, wait a second... I didn't see it, but what happened in the last year? I mean, wasn't it John Stewart who introduced U2's performance at last years Grammy's? Can't remember exactly what he said, but last year it was evident he was a fan, bigtime. Commenting on seeing the band as a teenager for the first time in the early eighties. Perhaps, they had a row, as Bono would say.

Strange indeed. (Not that I am sticking up for John Stewart of course)...

Muwahaha! OK...I just saw the one that you are talking about, antelope!
biggrin.gif
That was pretty feckin' hilarious!

"Bono knows this! Bono sees this!"

"Why can't you just do what Bono says?!"

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 02-04-2002).]

Ava Adore, I think he's still a fan. You have to be a fan to be able to make fun of somebody like that.

[This message has been edited by kariatari (edited 02-04-2002).]

Sorry, like I said, I didn't see it. So he was just trying to be funny then. Got it.
For the record, I am not one of those 'it's not ok to make fun of U2' people.
As long as he wasn't disrespectful.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I believe the Peeing Antelope is piss drunk 24 hours 7 days a week

I support this type of behavior, I really do. And it is possible, If dogs can drink like that then SHIRLEY antelopes' can too
wink.gif

BTW, isn't Jon Stewart hosting this years Grammys also???? I think he is.

jon stewart is a comedian. he makes fun of everyone, he doesn't choose sides. i'm sure he has no personal issues against U2.

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

For those of you who didn't see the episode of the "Daily Show", Stewart was talking about how hypocritical it was for U2 and specifically, Bono to protest the idea of corporate globalization and perform on the E*Trade Super Bowl Halftime Show. A performance that was sponsored by a major corporation that's causing havoc for third world countries. Stewart kinda argued with a guy about this issue. Stewart's buddy on the show was acting like Bono was a God and that Bono had a greater plan in mind.

It was really funny to see the supporter of Bono act so overzealous with pride in the words and actions of Bono.

Somebody should copy the transcript, so everyone can read it.

Originally posted by Peeing Antelope:
Yah, John Stewart is hossting the garmies. i so happy cuz me = big fan!

im shir hee dont hav enithing aganst u2, prolly big fan.. he wuz jus bein funny like as is hes job.

+ it wuz reeal funny!

Damn, the collective IQ of the board just dropped 40 points with this post.

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
Damn, the collective IQ of the board just dropped 40 points with this post.

ur own post or miine? haha

man i just hafta mak shir u're akshully makin fun at my expcensce bafor i get my feelins hirt and go pea alover ma nu rototiller

sicyz tryin ta make me hafta get hier posst caunt. so i use copy and past to stik this frum old thred to thiss one, liek she sed

Jon Stewart (1 of my heros) menshinnd Bono agin 2day on his sho! They wer talk about teh World Economik Forrum, and makin lotso puppit jokes. then they shoed clip wear Bono says "we have to understand the protesters out in the streets are very passionate about what they believe in". then Jon say "yaaah man" like all jamaikin. then hez sumthin liek: "that Bono is everywhere lately. I mean this, and the superbowl.. How does he do it? I can only conclude that there must be... Multiple Bonos!!" an thei flashe collajhe uf liek 10 pics of Bono. i was laff so hard!

*wonders if it takes longer to think of those moronic alternative spellings for words than it does to actually type the word correctly*

Yah, John Stewart is hossting the garmies. i so happy cuz me = big fan!

im shir hee dont hav enithing aganst u2, prolly big fan.. he wuz jus bein funny like as is hes job.

+ it wuz reeal funny!

Back
Top Bottom