Holy S**t, the Point Depot NY Eve show is AMAZING!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
Thank you, She is Raging!!!!!!

The quality is the best!

Van Diemems Land! Dirty Old Town! The Times They are A-Changing!

GLORIA!!!!!!!!!!! GOD PART II !!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's just the first disc!

Talk about a dream concert
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Lucky!
biggrin.gif
You are talking about the 1989 concert, right? I have the Dec. 26 one -- SOOOOOOOO good.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

yep, this is definitely New Years, cause it starts with the announcer doing the countdown to midnight, and then of course U2 sings an abbreviated Auld Lang Syne

**sigh**

can you imagine having been there??????

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 03-01-2002).]

That is an amazing concert!! I have 12/30/89 now too and it is almost as great!!! I want to collect all four shows. They changed around the setlist so much, they are all worth having.

That is a great disc.

Streets & Bad kick...also All Along the Watchtower is about 1000 times better than the version on R&H.

That was my first bootleg too - and it's quite a way to start out with bootlegs!
biggrin.gif

I have to say that the performance of All Along The Watchtower is the best I've ever heard - just incredible energy. Probably the highlight of the entire show for me - although hearing Auld Lang Syne melt into the intro to Where The Streets Have No Name while Bono talks about the future is reeeeeeeally cool too.
biggrin.gif

Sidenote: Yaaaaay, KFOG (kick ass bay area radio station) is playing listener's favorite albums in their entirety - #5 playing right now - Joshua Tree.
biggrin.gif

I have all four shows and they as a whole a the best bit of music I own!!!!!!!
If you make your own Cd with songs from each night it is so damn awesome!!!

1 God Part II 26
2 Desire 26
3 All Along The Watchtower 26
4 All I Want Is You 26
5 Bad 27
6 Unforgettable Fire 27
7 One Tree Hill 31
8 She's A Mystery To Me 30
9 Two Hearts Beat As One 27
10 Pride 27
11 Party Girl 31
12 Angel Of Harlem 31
13 When Love Comes to Town 31
14 With Or Without You 26
15 Where The Streets Have No Name 31

Originally posted by Diemen:

Sidenote: Yaaaaay, KFOG (kick ass bay area radio station) is playing listener's favorite albums in their entirety - #5 playing right now - Joshua Tree.
biggrin.gif

KFOG is one of the few radio stations that still streams on the web. You're right, it's a great station!

She is Raging, you have mail
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 03-01-2002).]

The boys put on one hell of a show that night, even by their high standards!
One of the best bootlegs out there.

-Mike

Man, that concert is AMAZING!!! The solo in one tree hill, the intro to streets, the additive to angel of harlem and extra verse in with or without you. It's basically the best of U2 live 1980-1987!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I just got all 4 bootlegs too! (Thanks Frederik!) I love them all, so many great moments! Stagman I might take your advice, that would be an incredible cd!
My fav though is the opening to Streets...and One Tree Hill is AMAZING!

I love what Bono says before "I still haven't found" about being sentimental and dreaming out loud in high volume!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Back
Top Bottom