Holy Joe Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
This B-Side from the 1997 single 'Discotheque', is really great. I can't get enough of it. I must have listened to it fifteen times today. It's really very catchy and has a kickass guitar riff.

Just a great, underrated song.

"Totally messed up in everybody's life\closer than ever to everybody's wife\yeah"

namkcuR said:

"Totally messed up in everybody's life\closer than ever to everybody's wife\yeah"

Yeah, I love that line the best. It is, indeed, a totally underrated song. Which mix are you listening to, the Garage Mix or the Guilty Mix?

I love that song it really is under rated...its a fun little song..i love the version they played in K-mart..for tour announcement of Popmart...hehe :)

the live version at the Popmart Announcement in KMart is the BEST! it's so fuckin bad ass and cool. just plain cool. no other way to say it.

One of my favourite b-sides! But most b-sides from Pop era rocks (Big Girls Are Best, I'm Not Your Baby). I'm so happy that they played it live at least once.

An appreciation thread for U2's worst B-side ever (rightfully omitted from the Best Of 1990-2000 B-sides) and U2's worst single live song performance (K-Mart Press Conference circa 1997)? This is getting out of hand.

Come on guys, enough with the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek otherwise some people might take this thread seriously and actually believe Holy Joe has some substance in it.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
An appreciation thread for U2's worst B-side ever (rightfully omitted from the Best Of 1990-2000 B-sides) and U2's worst single live song performance (K-Mart Press Conference circa 1997)? This is getting out of hand.

Come on guys, enough with the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek otherwise some people might take this thread seriously and actually believe Holy Joe has some substance in it.

Cheers,

J

:|

jick said:

Cheers,

J

I'm sure they'll take this thread seriously long before they ever take you seriously.

jick said:

Cheers,

J

hahaha. i woulnd't say that it's u2's worst song performance ever, i thought it was pretty funny (being in KMart and all) and the band really played the song well. these comments aren't tounge-in-cheek, man. i love the song.

Back
Top Bottom