Holy Batman! "Sometimes..." cd single out in Canada next week!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
A month after ABOY gets released in Canada, Sometimes... hits the shops here in Canada on March 1st. Don't believe me? Just check umusic.ca's new releases section.

I can't wait! :drool:

Wow! :ohmy:
I already set up a trade with someone in the UK for Sometimes...
I guess I should have just waited 2 weeks. :shrug:

Holy Batman indeed! :wink:

ABoY actually is performing well in Canada. The CD single topped the sales charts (and is still #1 - as a side note "Vertigo" has two CD singles in the Canadian top 10 and "Sometimes" debuts at #13 on imports alone!) and is in the top 10 on Canadian radio air play (currently at #8).

Unfortunately, the U.S. response hasn't been that strong - and I blame a total lack of marketing for ABoY. U2 failed to perform ABoY on any TV appearance and unlike "Vertigo" the song hasn't been pushed at all. As such, this short, rocking song that seemed perfect for radio failed to crack the Hot 100.

In contrast, U2 has pushed "Sometimes" (performing it on national TV twice now) and it seems this is the song they really want to promote. Given that ABoY is pretty much "over" in the U.S., it makes sense to start pushing "Sometimes" now in North America - even if ABoY is doing well in Canada. As evidenced by the success of import CD single sales for "Sometimes" in Canada (see above), the song has the potential to be a major hit there and maybe the U.S.

lmjhitman said:
Wow! :ohmy:
I already set up a trade with someone in the UK for Sometimes...
I guess I should have just waited 2 weeks. :shrug:

Holy Batman indeed! :wink:

As lame as quoting my own post is.... :reject:
I just got my copies of Sometimes today!!! :D
I will, of course, swing by the record store in a couple of weeks to see if the Canadian versions are any different. I'll probably end up buying duplicate copies too. :|
Damn this U2 addiction!

Back
Top Bottom