Hi.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carson Daly

Babyface
Hey, everybody,

I'm glad 2 see that my account was FINALLY approved. I was talking 2 the Edge after the show, apologizing about the technical fuck-up, and I said that the online fans must have gotten pissed.

Yeah, I know you guys are out there, b/c you email the show enough. It's just a shame that the teenagers outnumber, or just have more free time.

So, I said you guys were probably pissed, and The Edge told me about the bulletin board here. So I checked this place out, and you guys are justifiably upset.

A lot of you guys took out your anger on me (and TRL), and I'm here 2 tell you that you've got 2 separate me from the job. I just play what the viewers call in and tell me 2 play. I'm like a bartender, and I don't always like the drinks I'm asked 2 serve. I try 2 get in what cool music I can, but the show's more American Bandstand than Alternative Nation -- which I miss as much as a lot of you probably do.

And, yeah, you guys should be mad about the Edge's amp not being plugged in, but mistakes like that usually make the thing MORE memorable.

And I can't believe no one's talking about the video montage. An intern and I put that together, and I thought it was pretty good: you heard music from most of U2's phases, you saw a whole lot of videos, and we even got videos 2 sync up with different songs.

And it looks like a LOT of you guys like Triumph. You do know he's just a puppet, right?

???

well people imitate celebrities all the time. but i will play along...

i will kiss your ass, because honestly, the vidoe montage was excellent as was your speach to "warm up" the band.

by the way, the u2 fans around here actually all reflected my thoughts, i beleive. however, everyone will still tell you that trl sucks, but we know its the big wigs who decide. :D

------------------
-deathbear

That video montage was way awesome. There were so many videos in there, I even saw (or i think i saw) a little clip of It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). Anyway, welcome to interference.com!

CARSON! The speech was exceptionally moving and well exeucuted. The montage was moving,covered a lot of ground. Good job to you and the intern. I was wishing the clips and songs would of been played a bit longer.I thought one of the highlites of the evening was when Bono quieted the heckler along w/your speech,and Mick how bout you?

Click on my story as it parrallels w/much of yor tributory speech of the Band.

God Bless,diamondbruno9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-08-2001).]

Well, I would agree with you, if I could believe it was really you. People impersonate celebrities all the time.

But I thought of a way you can prove it. Say "hello to Melon" on TRL and post a link to a digital video copy of you saying that on this forum. Or, if you can't make a digital video copy, tell me when I should watch TRL so I can see it for myself.

Are you up for a little challenge?
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

People impersonate celebrities all the time.

But I thought of a way you can prove it. Say "hello to Melon" on TRL and post a link to a digital video copy of you saying that on this forum. Or, if you can't make a digital video copy, tell me when I should watch TRL so I can see it for myself.

GEEZ Melon,Does Carson have to take a polygraph and 'whiz' in a cup for you too?-Db9
Are you up for a little challenge? ;)

Melon

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

Hey Henry Rollins and Homer Simpson are here why not Carson Daly? If his post is genuine I'm disturbed, because that means Edge really does read this forum. I was hoping he wouldn't, some of the things that come up here should never be seen by the band.

Diamondbruno, your story was touching and amazing! I enjoyed it, but wish it could happen to me! Everyone who gets pulled up is young, it's so cool to see an old 80's fan have an experience like that and 'consummate' his relationship with U2 after all these years. Good for you!
smile.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Carson, I got a question about Jennifer Love Hewitt, but I'll leave that off the forum, email me...
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

lol! carson! how lovely of you to stop by.
wink.gif
i thought you did a lovely job with the U2 introduction. btw, you're a cutey.

will edge be stoping by next?
biggrin.gif
lol!
wink.gif

------------------
Brought to you by the OTHER "creamy coated pop icon goddess."

Love,
Emily

"Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride."

Diamondbruno, your story was touching and amazing! I enjoyed it, but wish it could happen to me! Everyone who gets pulled up is young, it's so cool to see an old 80's fan have an experience like that and 'consummate' his relationship with U2 after all these years. Good for you!
smile.gif

THANK YOU U2 KITTEN b good-db9

------------------

---------

The video montage *WAS* awesome!
smile.gif
I loved how they took pictures of Bono in different videos and made it look like he was singing a different song. The images from Walk On along w/ With or Without You were WAY cool!!

C'mon guys.

Do you honestly think I would approve somebody pretending to be Carson Daly?

Seriously, next you'll be accusing me of creating the "Carson Daly" account myself just to see if anyone would take it seriously.

Am I HONESTLY that devious?

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

bubba, that post you just made has made everything even more confusing.

and why would daly post on a saturday night?! he's not a super-loser un-cool like all of us!

------------------
-deathbear

Carson , if it is REALLY YOU , can you on the next TRL , to pronounce a phrase like : interference , i was there bla bla " then i will beLIEve ya
wink.gif

I figured it had to be a mod. No one gets approval that quickly! Since you registered on 09-08-2001, you should have received approval no earlier than tomorrow.

Nice try, though. It did sound like something Carson would say if he were a U2 fan here at Interference.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

If Carson Daly really was going to become a member at Interference, do you really think he'd use his real name? The TRL teenyboppers would catch on soon and come and flood this place to be able to post with Carson.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Back
Top Bottom