Hey Texas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Any Texans want to own up to being a longhorn????

How does it feel to get beat AGAIN?????
wink.gif

Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner.....

Yo ZEdge-(unrelated topic)Sorry about the discontination of Camaro and Firebird. Maybe you can step up to a real vehicle now and start driving a sexy Jeep.
Your Friend
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

DB9,
I may have to, my TA has just been shit(e) luck. The timing chain broke AGAIN 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Car only has 56k miles, but the damn thing broke back in january and it is out of warranty so I had to foot the bill. Since I have owned this car, I have spent $4000 on repairs
frown.gif

I never spent that much on ALL my Z28s prior in the last 10 years! As soon as they fix it I am either gonna go trade this TA for a new Ram Air TA (beautiful) or a new Tahoe/Yukon. No Jeep for me though, sorry! I am sad sad sad about the death of the f-body. They say Camaro will come back in 2005, but TA won't
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 10-06-2001).]

Originally posted by z edge:

Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner-Boomer Sooner.....

Oklahoma - Oklahoma - Oklahoma - OKU!
I'm a Sooner born and a Sooner bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead. Go Oklahoma, go Oklahoma, go OklahomAAAAAAA, OKU!

Congrats to my alma mater, the Rodney Dangerfield of college football. C'mon! We beat K-State and Texas back to back, we're the defending national champs, and we're still only ranked number three? Oh well. This victory would still be as sweet. :p

i always love to see ut bashing. they never had a chance to win anything with their incredibley over-rated quarterback. 4 interceptions all pretty typical dumb ass simms plays. maybe that idiot will quit talking so much trash. my hatred for ut football is b/c i'm an aggie (who are 5-0).

------------------
jp
what shall i render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me? i will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.

Hey, we beat the "University of Texas" yesterday as well, 56-7; but it *was* Texas-El Paso.

That is sad about the Firebird and Camaro; will they at least continue them through the 2002 model year, to give them a 25-year run?

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by jphelmet:
maybe that idiot will quit talking so much trash.

Apparently when Chris Simms arrived at the locker room, he gave the finger to some OU fans. The radio commentators said, finally he's recognizing that OU is number 1.

I read part of his press conference where he said that OU is not better than Texass, they are simply more lucky. Must be pretty bad luck to throw 0 touchdowns and 4 interceptions...
rolleyes.gif

Congrats to Bama for beating UTEP. Cupcakes are always fun to eat!
biggrin.gif

Chris Simms should be careful or he will end up a man without a home. He already has a hate campaign among Tenessee fans for shanking them during recruiting, and if his lousy performance continues at Texas, Major Applewhite will take his old job back.

And yes, cupcakes are fun, but considering we opened this season against UCLA, we will be playing AT Oklahoma (yes, in Norman) Sept. 7, 2002, and we play usually-ranked Southern Miss annually, I can safely say that I don't eat too many cupcakes.

~U2Alabama

I guess you've just got to enjoy the cupcakes when you can get them!

I forgot that OU will be playing Alabama next year. Sounds like fun!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by U2Bama:

That is sad about the Firebird and Camaro; will they at least continue them through the 2002 model year, to give them a 25-year run?

~U2Alabama

The cars will end after the 2002 model year runs out. The 02 models are being built and are at showrooms near you. They will probably build-out early, and there will be no more as we know them. The camaro came along in 67 as the answer to the mustang, giving it a 35-year uninterrupted run. The firebird joined the fray in 69, and it will die without realizing its 35 year run through glory.

Currently these beauties are the best performing ever, and get better gas mileage and are much more affordable than the SUV's that everyone is buying instead. Of course, the car is in need of a change-up since it is entering its 10th year without signifigant changes. The current car does not meet the new side impact criteria required, so that is the 'real reason' they cannot produce any more after the 02's. IMO, the lagging sales "excuse" is why they don't have replacement product ready for 2003 launch.

I believe they want to do as ford did with the t-bird, kill it for a while, and enjoy the push in sales in the wake of the cars demise. Then design a retro style that debuts a couple of years later when the public will be precieved to have accepted it with open arms.

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 10-10-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom