Hey, if "Island In The Sun" by Weezer was successful a single then...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
Hey, if "Island In The Sun" by Weezer was successful a single then might that be a sign that "Wild Honey" might be successful as a single?
Both songs are laid back, and have about the pace pace and tempo. Although "Kite" seems the more popular choice for the next single, what does everyone else think?

KROQ here in California has been playing Wild Honey off and on. KROQ is known for getting bands hit singles by playing their more obscure catchy album tracks.

But it's only worked for bands that haven't had huge success yet. So who knows.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I love Island in the Sun, it reminds me more of In A Little While than Wild honey though.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I love Island in the Sun, it reminds me more of In A Little While than Wild honey though.

SkeeK's latest inconspicuous attempt to slip IALW into the subconscious of Interferencers...
tongue.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Kite is already a single in Canada!! The video is the song from the Boston DVD.

Elevation also had a video of the Boston DVD didn't it? But that's not the official video.

The slack asses at U2.com haven't said anything about Kite being a single anywhere. But that doesn't mean anything really does it?

I'm pretty sure Kite isn't a single, but it is getting radio and video airplay, especially in Canada. Though there's no official CD single released, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it make a run up the Canadian charts.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
SkeeK's latest inconspicuous attempt to slip IALW into the subconscious of Interferencers...
tongue.gif

Damn you're clever.

*chants* IALW! IALW! Do not hex the radios with speak of Wild Honey! (how ironic)

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Kite is a bad choice for the next single. They've already released enough of the anthem-style tracks from ATYCLB. Time for something with a different sound: either Wild Honey or IALW.

Island in the Sun should have been nominated for the Grammy for Song of the Year. It was the best song of 2001.

And yes, Wild Honey should be a single. It is wonderful and I think the masses deserve to hear it across the airwaves. I, for one, was very glad to hear it in Vanilla Sky (not to mention in Providence!!!)

Speaking of which, on an entirely different topic, the music in Vanilla Sky is incredible. That was the best collection of songs I've ever heard in a movie:

Wild Honey
Sweetness Follows (REM)
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space (Spiritualized)
Good Vibrations (Beach Boys)
Everything in its Right Place (Radiohead)
I think there was another Radiohead song in there.

Amazing. I think I should get together with Cameron Crowe and listen to some CDs.

Oh yeah, GO WILD HONEY!!!! WOO HOO!!!

"sigur ros" was in the movie too.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom