Hetson from Bad Religion comments on U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Toronto Sun: 'U2 cannot save the world,' says Bad Religion guitarist
http://www.canoe.ca
March 15, 2002
From The Toronto Sun:

BAD RELIGION, GOOD SAVE
KIERAN GRANT, TORONTO SUN

Twenty-two years with punk band Bad Religion hasn't loosened Greg Hetson's grip on reality.

"I don't believe one band can change the world," the guitarist told The Sun in a recent interview
in advance of his band's show at Kool Haus tomorrow night.

"U2 cannot save the world," he added, referring to Time magazine's recent Can Bono Save
The World? cover. "That's ridiculous. But I don't think U2 are fakes." The veteran punk rocker
added that he was impressed to find that much out recently.

"Some friends of mine got screwed out of some tickets after flying to San Francisco to see a
U2 concert," he recalled. "Y'know, their little girl was in tears because U2 was her favourite
band. Somehow my friend knew somebody in management and got a letter to Bono. Next time
U2 came to L.A. Bono picked her daughter up in a limo, took her to church, and then took her
to the show. This 12-year-old girl, he was introducing her to people as his date for the evening.
It made me feel that there are huge superstars out there who do care about their fans."

This is a sweet story. Greg Hetson of Bad Religion sharing that story and speaking positively about U2 makes it even cooler. I mean his band is a huge punk band, and generally punk bands tend to not like U2 from what I've seen. Sure Ramones and Green Day respect U2 but generally the scene isn't too respectful of them Dublin boys. Heck the thing Bono did for this girl was cool. I always thought of Bad Religion as being a little cynical so him saying saying something like the above is great. I don't know, it just left a pretty good impression on me.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 03-15-2002).]

ummm, this was already posted in the "nice story on Bono" thread

so I'll close this one

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom