"He's like a band all by himself"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I was watching the "UK Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" mpeg that is out here somewhere, and it was very cool to see what others had to say about U2. Here are some of it:

"In my opinion ... let's fucking face it ... they're up there with The Beatles."
Noel Gallagher

"Same four people for 25 years."
Chris Blackwell

"You get a feeling they are a family."
Matt Goss

"They all are just so good together. They works together"
BB King

"They got a guy that plays guitar called The Edge ... hehehe ... he's like a band all by himself."
BB King

"Adam is just a very cool ... calm bassplayer. And he's brilliant"
Ronan Keating

"Larry Mullen is just the coolest man in the world"
Ronan Keating

"Bonos voice ... hehehe ... noone has a sound like it but him"
BB King

"He really pushes himself more than anyone I've ever worked with"
Steve Lillywhite

"He sings from his heart ... from his balls"
Huey Morgan

"... singing like it's gonna get him out of prison"
Andrea Corr

"There are very few that can light up a room as well as Bono"
Jim Kerr

"He fucking goes to business live when they play"
Noel Gallagher

"I'm a major, major fan of U2 live. Their shows are just absolutely out of this world"
Jo Whiley

"I'll tell you what it is about U2. Everytime they put out a record, you think the last one was fucking great. But you're gonna fall flat on your asses next time."
Noel Gallagher

"... and they're just better at every time"
Ronan Keating

(and then Vertigo comes on :wink: )

"They now ... I think they are better songwriters than they have ever been"
Steve Lillywhite

"U2 represents something beyond music ... which is their ability to communicate with people about issues that go beyond music."
Marc Marot

"U2 are more relevant now than they ever have been. They pay attention to what's going on in the world today"
Ronan Keating

"The best rock and roll band in the world is what we're talking about."
Ronan Keating

Thought I would share this to all you that haven't seen the video.

I loved it when BB King said "He's like a band all by himself". Amazing!

Noel Gallagher nailed it with his comments, but shit we have known how great they were/are for an absolute fucking age her at interference. We are so frickin cool.

Sleep Over Jack said:

I liked the BB King quotes :)

Gotta love the 'hehe' in every quote of his. He is the last of the great bluesman. Hate to say it, but he is getting old and the world will be a sadder place without him. :(

his speech was not very......focused.
it seemed like bono drew the short straw among the band and had no choice but to show up.
although i did laugh when he got out of his seat because rita marley, bob marley's wife, was standing and clapping and bono reached out to her and then he took her champagne glass out of her hand and took a sip.
classic bono moment :)

I finally got to see this. It's as if Bono wasn't ready or didn't write anything speech-wise. Still, the crowd applauded at every Bono utterance.

thanks for the GREAT quotes about U2 - :applaud:

I really liked BB King's comments, but I thought Ronan Keating's were sweet also.

In PLEBA, there are pics of Bono and Rita Marley at the induction ceremony and they are AWESOME!

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

caragriff said:

although i did laugh when he got out of his seat because rita marley, bob marley's wife, was standing and clapping and bono reached out to her and then he took her champagne glass out of her hand and took a sip.
classic bono moment :)

:lmao:

great quotes! i wonder if U2 will also not be that interested in the R&RHoF induction coming up in Ohio.

oliveu2cm said:

great quotes! i wonder if U2 will also not be that interested in the R&RHoF induction coming up in Ohio.

It's in america right? you bet they will be more than happy to be there, at least bono.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom