Help With tattoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabela

The Fly
I know there are alot of threads about tattoos, but I don't want to end up regretting what I get so I need some help. I've already decided on the ATYCLB heart suitcase but I want a lyric under it. I was thinking Dream out loud, or Don't expect, suggest. Which one do you like better, or any other suggestions?

If you're going with the heart in a suitcase, I would suggest "Let it go" (Bad)... or maybe "Leave it behind" (Walk On). I decided based on relevance w/ the suitcase and length--I thought maybe you'd want to keep it short.

I agree...I like the suitcase and I love Dream Outloud, but for some reason the 2 just don't go together. I like Leave it Behind. Or Walk on. Good luck!

As I have already posted before I love the heart in suitcase image and all that it means.

The fact that the only things you can take with you at death are those things in youre heart, the people & things you love.

the only lyric off the top of my head that I think would fit is

Love is Blindness!

Thats what I would choose if I had to.

However I would just have the suitcase and heart because that says it all in my oppinion

"the only baggage you can bring" would be good, although its a tad long. "what you got they can't steal it" "can't sell it or buy it"
"whose to say where the wind will take you" :)

Leave it at is. a lyric underneath is too much, i think the simple symbol invokes more in people than having to put something underneath it for people to mull over too. in my humble opinion.

If you do HAVE to get a lyric, then "Leave it Behind" is close to perfect for that, seeing as it is in the song when the symbol would usually pop up at concerts. :shrug:

in case they don't, I got this off of u2town.com:

The meaning of J33-3 on the cover of All that you can´t leave behind album
Posted on Thursday, October 21 by u2town.com staff

Bono recently confessed in Rolling Stone Magazine that the J33-3 on the cover of the album is a scripture reference. The verse is Jeremiah 33:3 and says 'Call to me and I will answer you.' "It's known as God's phone number" says Bono.

I like that suggestion :up:

I wondered what the J33-3 meant on the cover. I thought it was just the gate number. :huh:

I love this website :rockon:

Leave it behind <-- love that idea

i have a U2 tattoo, the lyrics are, "and you can dream, so dream out loud"

:)

tabela said:
Knuckle...why do you say so?

Tattoos just aren't for me I guess. The very fact that you are having trouble deciding what kind of tattoo to get, and what slogan or verse to tattoo under it, suggests that you may not be 100% sure about what you want. That's a good thing.

Tattoos of course are meant to be permanent. When you get a tattoo you are effectively saying, "I am so right about this that I will never, ever, possibly want to change my mind about it. So, burn it into my skin forever." I think getting a tattoo is meant to be a "free-spirited" kind of thing to do. But, I can't help seeing it as sort of closed-minded. Leave the possibility open for yourself that you may not always want it there.

Then again, U2 are awesome aren't they? But seriously, think about a U2 bumper sticker instead.

Knuckle said:

But seriously, think about a U2 bumper sticker instead.

:lol:

I think the suitcase with "Leave It Behind" is a good idea, but then J33-3 is more subtle and less people would understand what it means... I dunno, I'm too inconclusive.

Knuckle said:

Tattoos just aren't for me I guess. The very fact that you are having trouble deciding what kind of tattoo to get, and what slogan or verse to tattoo under it, suggests that you may not be 100% sure about what you want. That's a good thing.

Tattoos of course are meant to be permanent. When you get a tattoo you are effectively saying, "I am so right about this that I will never, ever, possibly want to change my mind about it. So, burn it into my skin forever." I think getting a tattoo is meant to be a "free-spirited" kind of thing to do. But, I can't help seeing it as sort of closed-minded. Leave the possibility open for yourself that you may not always want it there.

Then again, U2 are awesome aren't they? But seriously, think about a U2 bumper sticker instead.
Knuckle makes a very good point. I currently have 2 non-U2 related tats so, obviously, I'm not opposed to getting ink. And although my 23-year-long love affair with the 'lads' is just as strong as it's ever been, I don't think I'll ever get a U2 tat. At least not one with 'U2' spelled out. Possibly some lyrics or a symbol one day, but never the name. I have a thing about putting names on my skin - but that's just me.

The thing to remember, no matter what you decide, is that tattoos are FOREVER... and really 'forever', too. Not like the love that was your first boyfriend/girlfriend, either. :lol: Once you put that ink on you, you gotta' live with the questions/comments/etc. for the rest of your life - make sure you can puy up with them! :yes: :D

BluRmGrl said:

Knuckle makes a very good point. I currently have 2 non-U2 related tats so, obviously, I'm not opposed to getting ink. And although my 23-year-long love affair with the 'lads' is just as strong as it's ever been, I don't think I'll ever get a U2 tat. At least not one with 'U2' spelled out. Possibly some lyrics or a symbol one day, but never the name. I have a thing about putting names on my skin - but that's just me.

The thing to remember, no matter what you decide, is that tattoos are FOREVER... and really 'forever', too. Not like the love that was your first boyfriend/girlfriend, either. :lol: Once you put that ink on you, you gotta' live with the questions/comments/etc. for the rest of your life - make sure you can puy up with them! :yes: :D

Exactly why I have never had a U2 related tattoo. I would add to the list of things I avoid...cartoon characters.

Knuckle said:

:ohmy: were can i get a bumber sticker? :drool::hyper: is there any?

Get the Blue Crack logo on your back.... nice and big. :lol:

Thanks for all your help! I'll definitely think about all this. My reason for getting the tattoo is that U2 means alot to me and I think it's nice to get a tattoo of something that's important to you, so it's like it's always with you. Plus, I think it'll look good too!
;) Anyways, thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom