help ! U2 DVD OD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Sometimes, when weighted down with work that I can do while listening and/or watching, I have a DVD in my laptop and headphones on while I get things done.

This last week, it's been intense.

I've been on a binge. I cannot stop watching my live U2 material. Perhaps it's the special meaning that these songs have at Easter time. Perhaps it's a belated Vertigo withdrawal.

I've been through Chicago, Slane, Boston, and Rattle on DVD. Last night I indulged in Zoo Sydney on VHS.

I'm still not satisfied. Should I pay top dollar to get a used Blood Red Sky and Popmart on VHS?

What should I do?

What is your favorite full length U2 concert that's available commercially?

Anu

I Like slane the most just because of the emotion behind the concert, but right there with it is ZooTV and Popmart. Both were great, the Mexico City VHS is a must have for me.

their all worth it, I must say the last two (Boston and Chicago) were the most dissapointing. I watch parts of Boston (Gone, Streets) here and there but rarely put in Chicago. I'm waiting for Milan, and until then I can watch the Sao Paulo bootleg, thats a concert.

Anu said:

What is your favorite full length U2 concert that's available commercially?
Do you really only want commercially available material? Or just material that is pro-shot & high quality?

'Cause achtungpop's Santiago '98 DVD is just that - pro-shot and DVD-quality. You wouldn't notice that it's non-commercial.

Re: Re: help ! U2 DVD OD

WalkOn21 said:
Do you really only want commercially available material? Or just material that is pro-shot & high quality?

'Cause achtungpop's Santiago '98 DVD is just that - pro-shot and DVD-quality. You wouldn't notice that it's non-commercial.

I have the Santiago dvd but mine is kind of a rough vhs quality. Are you saying there's one out there that's a lot better? If so, where can we find it?

Re: Re: Re: help ! U2 DVD OD

ImOuttaControl said:

I have the Santiago dvd but mine is kind of a rough vhs quality. Are you saying there's one out there that's a lot better? If so, where can we find it?
On U2torrents is achtungpops version, it's Betacam-sourced. The quality is... well, like you would expect from Betacam (which is: better than VHS).

I still don't understand what's wrong with Boston and Chicago. They're fine. But I haven't seen Sydney or Mexico City, so I can't say anything about them. I'll buy them when they come out on DVD. :yes:

I've always wanted bootlegs from the Joshua Tree era right up to POPmart. I actually wore out my Slane disc, it's an amazing concert, probably the best I've seen so far.

Rachel D. said:
I still don't understand what's wrong with Boston and Chicago. They're fine. But I haven't seen Sydney or Mexico City, so I can't say anything about them. I'll buy them when they come out on DVD. :yes:
Wow...if you have yet to see Sydney you're in for a treat! Not as perfect as the 1992 Zoo shows but pretty good indeed! You should indulge in Sydney. You can probably find a copy on ebay for cheap until the DVD comes out -- and here's hoping that the DVD contains TTYAAW that was cut out of the VHS!

Chicago doesn't capture the level of energy that eventually came out during the Leg 3 shows last fall. There's better videos on youtube.com! The camera jumping around every 2 seconds doesn't give you a headache? For me it's unwatchable.

My point of view

I was at the Chicago filming on may 10 for the Chicago DVD. I'm not going to say it was the greatest but being there then Bono announcing that it was the Vertigo Tour DVD forever was out of this world! It was awesome to see ZOO TV classics like Zoo Station and The Fly in person. There was a little of ZOO TV atmosphere. I think they should have put in Untill the end of the world though in that concert. I think it would of changed the face of one of the sets. The greatest U2 live song ever to be performed. No concert will ever be greater than the ZOO TV Live from Sydney video. Hopefully, DVD will come out soon. Thanks!

Well one thing I see reasonable people complain about chicago is that the audience wasnt up with the show thats ok , but with the band is all right , every thing is right , the concert is wasy better than elevation , every songs are ok , very well performed in fact the only other dvd in terms of perfomance that matchs chicago is mexico , which is another they get practically every song right. Is funny coz more and more , I see that despite popmart didnt fall in the likes of the people like zootv , at least the american people , I think it's a tour they were perfoming so fucking well , I fall in love with it everytime I listen to a boot of it .

About zoo sydney westendgirl pretty much said everything , its great , see Lemon live is awesome , but the old encore with Desire and Ultra Violet , and WOWY played correctly , also about ZOOTV in general is only me or do u guys agree that the end of the Zootv shows were always way too much sad ?

Back
Top Bottom