HELP!! My sister is a wheeeezer fan...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you refering to Weezer the band or wheezers as in old men?

If it's the band, I don't see the problem. If it's because of her infatuation with men over 70, well then I see your concern.

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

Convert her!! Convert her!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization

97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

"Aren't you afraid someone will eat your foot???" ~ScottPhisto~

I like Weezer! they still get coolest vid of the year vote from me for Island in the Sun

make sure shes a U2 fan too though...and remember, it could be BSB
eek.gif

I love Weezer - Rivers is amazing, but unfortunately seems to be an asshole.
When people are assholes during interviews, it's a real turn-off. But they rock, nonetheless.

It's not THAT bad, at least its not Destiny's child or Eminem *shudder*

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Weezer is great, Rivers Cuomo is awesome. And when they toured as "Goat Punishment" I had a good chuckle.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

I concur. I have seen Weezer twice this year. There could be a lot worse. Not all music has to be meaningful, you know.

What should you do?? You should be thrilled that unlike my sister, your sister does not like Backstreet Boys, NSync, Britney Spears, O-Town, and S-Club-7!!!

I have tried converting her since she learned to talk, but so far I can only get her to like "Walk-On", and agree that Larry is cute. She calls Bono "my dirty old man". She is 18 for heaven's sake......

weezer are good. their first album rocks.
and so is the second one even if it is a bit sad. the last song on the second album is great.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by jesseu2:
What do I do?

Listen to their Blue Album (esp. "The Sweater Song" and "Holiday") and you'll understand why it's a fucking great band
smile.gif

PS : You might also notice that on their first album, all their songs have a sex connection .. woaaaaaaaa...

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

?Je suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

!Hasta la victoria, siempre!

"The one who governs with weapons is clearly poor in ideas". - Subcommandante Marcos

On a mis quelqu'un au monde, on devrait peut-?tre l'?couter / we gave birth to someone, maybe we should listen...

Had the rare opportunity to see U2 and Weezer on consecutive nights last month at America West Arena in Phoenix. What a difference in the vibe of the place and the amount of security. U2 the place was a nuclear missle silo it seemed to me as I had waiting in the GA line. For the Weezer show it was complete anarchy. I think 90% of the people there ended up on the floor from rushing security guards. Fights everywhere...not a fun night. Plus that arena is too big for Weezer. Very strange feeling.

------------------
Well the God I believe in isn't short of cash..Mister!

ok, weezer may be a good band but it kinda bothers me that my sister thinks they're better than U2. I was watchin MTV2's control freak the other night an u2 bd, aerosmith cryin, dmb everyday. she goes "oh no, why is u2 winning!" she left an aerosmith won by 1 percent. i wonder if she likes any u2 at all or if it's the new u2. i've tried watchin elevation dvd an she left the room. oh hell, 13 year olds don't know good music. i might make her a cd later with all of the popular songs from the boys albums. then she might like em

Go to a Weezer concert, then you'll understand why people like them. 2nd best concet (1st is U2) I've ever been to! They make great albums too.

[This message has been edited by u2popmofo (edited 12-26-2001).]

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
I love Weezer - Rivers is amazing, but unfortunately seems to be an asshole.
When people are assholes during interviews, it's a real turn-off. But they rock, nonetheless.

yeah, rivers is a strange character. i actually hung out with him for a night in paris, during the summer of '98. i was studying abroad at the time, and was hanging out w/some friends at a random bar. we ended up hanging out in a big group- my friends and his friends- for the whole night. i ended up talking to him a lot- he went to harvard and i was attending yale at the time, so it was interesting to get a "rock star's" perspective on college life. we watched the sun rise the next morning. it was strange. he's definitely a smart-ass, but i think there's a pretty nice guy underneath...

ah, who knows. either way, their music is still pretty fun!

Back
Top Bottom