Help Me With My Editorial re:Knighthood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carmelu2fan said:
So DATA and ONE are the same orginizations?

DATA is primarily a lobby organization. They do research and then lobby at Congress and the White House and other places around the world. You can actually get internships there in DC if you're studying international law or international development studies (it was an option for a friend of mine).

ONE came later on and I've always assumed Bono is a founding member and DATA a founding organization. However, on their site, there is a huge list of participating organizations, so DATA is one of many. I don't think ONE is a lobby organization, per se. It's more of an awareness/social justice campaign. It's geared towards people like us who aren't actually lobbyist in Washington, but still matter when it comes to pushing these issues.

rihannsu said:
I think it was the New York Times a short while back that published a nice graphic chart of Bono's humanitarian network. It shows all the details you need on ONE, DATA, EDUN and RED. Try google searching for it.

There was an interview on youtube from the Elevation tour where he was riding in a limo with George Steph???? The guy from Much Music in Canada. He said something during that about sleeping with the devil.

Dana

I have that interview, it's from 2003, much music Toronto interview

I'm trying to find that graphic chart but I can't find it... I am pretty sure I saved it!

:scratch: I searched EYKIW up to page 25 and couldn't find it...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom