Help! HTDAAB virgins! Are you there??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not downloading it. Everybody has to decide for him or herself and if you want to download it fine but I will listen to it in two weeks.

I am NOT going to listen to these leaks. I'll wait until it's in the shops. I want that exciting "opening the package and putting it in the player" rush. I'm sad it's been leaked.:(
I know this puts us in a very tiny minority, but I guess that just makes us superior human beings.:wink:

maxpouliot said:
poor you....

LOL!!! :madspit:

Good to see that some are waiting. Not easy, but as laurent24 says "Everybody has to decide for him or herself and if you want to download it".

It's fun to read all the comments on the album, and building up even more anticipation.

But i wonder if this will do anything with the sale of the single 8 november. What do you think?

I'm sad too that it's leaked. It's really a pitty... (we could easily wait another 2 weeks - we waited almost 4 years 'til now!)
So, NO. i didn't d/l any leaks. Stay strong, virgins!!! :(

I really don't know what to do... First I don't have high-speed, so it would take forever for me to download it, but I could do it at a friend's house and make a CD out of it. I feel like I can wait two more weeks and get the real experience and all... But at the same time there is no way I can hold off reading people's comments about it, and in the end it might affect my first impresion of the album...

Oh, I don't know what to do...:no:

i'm torn

i dont want to download it, i dont i dont i dont!
i'm gutted its leaked, i think its such a waste, but now i'm here and everyone is talking about it and DYING!!!!!
i'm gonna buy it anyway so i could just download but that ruins everything but how am i gonna make it 2 weeks knowing that so many other people have heard it!!!
what do i do???

i'm not downloading this...

it is really fascinating how fast it spreads over the entire world... would be cool, somehow, to see some kind of statistics how many copies there are around of the mp3s in the whole world.

I was trying to stay strong... I really was. :( For those who can wait, I honestly applaud you. Let's just say you won't be disappointed. :)

Oh, and I hope that everyone who has downloaded it will be buying the album. I'm feeling guilty now, so I'm going to buy every single/box set/etc. that comes my way.

i'm too weak. i admire y'all who can hold out. yes, the feeling of opening the CD package in anticipation of what's to come is exciting, i just couldn't hold out. take it from me, its well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

U2democrat said:
i'm too weak. i admire y'all who can hold out. yes, the feeling of opening the CD package in anticipation of what's to come is exciting, i just couldn't hold out. take it from me, its well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

The way I saw it was that I was going to buy it anyway, so it really wouldn't impact U2 all that much if I downloaded it. I'm going to miss the whole tearing-off-the-plastic-in-anticipation feeling... But this album has made my day.

U2democrat said:

Thanks for a very nice and friendly reply. :) I understand that you could not resist. I sort of envy you. But I have marked my calendar 22 november, and i have been looking forward to this date. I sort of want the anticipation to last a little longer, and I want to go to the store and buy the album, drin a beer while listening. I can't to that now.

To all you others!! Hold on! Stick together ;)

Im sticking to my guns with this one...Cant wait til 22/11, like Bono and the boys would want me to. TRUE fans SHOULD not give in to the temptation of downloading the album.

Aardvark747 said:
Im sticking to my guns with this one...Cant wait til 22/11, like Bono and the boys would want me to. TRUE fans SHOULD not give in to the temptation of downloading the album.

So what, you're saying that those of us who have downloaded it aren't true fans? :eyebrow: I've bought every album they've ever made. I've bought every DVD they've ever made. And I am GOING to buy this album, despite the fact that I've downloaded it already. I worship the ground this band steps on - and I'm not a true fan?

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Dont spoil it wait and go get the deluxe boxed set on the 22nd you know its the right thing!!!:wink:

GibsonGirl said:

So what, you're saying that those of us who have downloaded it aren't true fans? :eyebrow: I've bought every album they've ever made. I've bought every DVD they've ever made. And I am GOING to buy this album, despite the fact that I've downloaded it already. I worship the ground this band steps on - and I'm not a true fan?

Perhaps that phrase was wrong. I was just angry at the time. What im saying though is that right now, if the band know about this leak, then they will be pretty pissed off, as it's so close to being released.

Like you say tho, you're still gonna go and buy it all, and hopefully that applies to everyone (but I doubt it).

Aardvark747 said:

Perhaps that phrase was wrong. I was just angry at the time. What im saying though is that right now, if the band know about this leak, then they will be pretty pissed off, as it's so close to being released.

Like you say tho, you're still gonna go and buy it all, and hopefully that applies to everyone (but I doubt it).

Well, they probably will be pissed if they know... But they probably will also be elated at the number of positive reviews it has received. :)

I think that most of the fans here are so die-hard that they will buy it anyway. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love and respect U2. It's only some of the casual fans that I'm worried about.

GibsonGirl said:

Well, they probably will be pissed if they know... But they probably will also be elated at the number of positive reviews it has received. :)

I think that most of the fans here are so die-hard that they will buy it anyway. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love and respect U2. It's only some of the casual fans that I'm worried about.

Indeed. Sorry if I pissed u or anyone else off with that earlier post btw. I have a tendancy to get annoyed over nothing at all(!) This is now a day of happiness for U2 fans, and i'm gonna enjoy reading all the comments about the songs from everyone on here til the album comes out. It'll mean more than any music mag!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Indeed. Sorry if I pissed u or anyone else off with that earlier post btw. I have a tendancy to get annoyed over nothing at all(!) This is now a day of happiness for U2 fans, and i'm gonna enjoy reading all the comments about the songs from everyone on here til the album comes out. It'll mean more than any music mag!:wink:

Exactly ... I really enjoy to read all these crazy posts about the album. Building building building for the finale!!

Aardvark747 said:

No problem! I can see why you would have been annoyed. In fact, I'm even a little annoyed with myself because I couldn't stick it out.

I have great respect for you and others like you who are managing not to download it. Trust me, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

GibsonGirl said:

No problem! I can see why you would have been annoyed. In fact, I'm even a little annoyed with myself because I couldn't stick it out.

I have great respect for you and others like you who are managing not to download it. Trust me, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Oh ... I have downloaded a couple of songs, but I will not listen to them.

ElectricalVoice said:

Oh ... I have downloaded a couple of songs, but I will not listen to them.

The anticipation must be driving you insane! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom