Hellz Yeah! Sweet Home Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
So very psyched about getting 2 GA tickets to see them on October 16 in Chicago. Waited in line at the TicketMaster outlet, and about 20 mins after the first show sold out, they opened the second, and everyone there picked up floor tickets! I hope most of you other Chicago folks were at least as lucky. Blue Room, U2One, DethVeggy, and anyone else, fill me in on your status!

------------------
Change is the only constant

Not too good, I'm afraid. My friend and I couldn't get GAs. We managed really crappy seats for Monday, and slightly less crappy for Tuesday. (We'll probably sell one set, especially if Prop manages to give us GAs.) Congrats to you, though. We went through the internet -- now I'm kind of sad we didn't try getting in line.

Know anybody who has a couple of extra Chicago GAs for face value? (Wait, stop laughing...)

Awesome Foxxern.

MG I have a feeling the same will happen to me.. cuz waiting in line at ticketmaster scares me... so I will go through the net.

mblah05.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

Congrats foxxern!
no such luck here...i tried over the phone and on the internet for a little over an hour when i fianlly got through the phone...but of course, they were all gone (GA that is, i'm picky)
so...now i just wait for my prop form.

Congrats Foxxern. I went to the United Center box office and waited in line. When I first got to the ticket guy, he said that all they had left were tickets behind the stage for the first show. So I went back in line, waiting for them to announce the 2nd show. Once they did that, I was able to get GA's for the second show. Now I'm hoping that Prop delivers and gets me GA's for the first show. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

I GOT CRAPPY SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the 16th!

Doesn't matter, I'm in the building!

Plus, I sneak down to the GCs like I did last time!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Well, I was able to get 2 GC tix today for Chicago for April and myself... although initially I was in the ticketmaster system two minutes before they went onsale and got disconnected
mad.gif
... anyway, like you said Mikal...at least we'll be there!!
smile.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

Geez, now I feel all bad for having good tickets. Why do the scalpers have to screw all you guys? That blows...

Good luck with Prop, all!

------------------
Change is the only constant

I will be at the first Chicago show!!!
biggrin.gif

I finally have GA!!!!!
------------------
nudie magazine day!

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 09-21-2001).]

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I will be at the first Chicago show!!!
biggrin.gif

I finally have GA!!!!!

Hey y'all....congrats to all who got tickets, GA or GC or nosebleeds!
biggrin.gif
We are ALL going to be in the building!!!

I got my Prop form too today-whoohoo, Popwhore is goin' to Chicago!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I managed to snag two pairs for each of the two shows for Chicago. Going online, I got shut out for GAs though and having been to nine shows already I am pretty picky! =)

Blue Room glad to hear you got South Bend tix on the presale. I got the goose egg (again) in the presale and all the ND people I know are going and I don't have tix for that one...grrrr. But I haven't given up just yet...

Popwhore, we're going to have so much fun!

Watch out Larry. Your pants are in danger.

------------------
nudie magazine day!

Hey! Let's pick out a bar downtown to party at after the show on Monday! I will be turning 21 literally an hour after the show! What a birthday it's gonna be! I'd love it if all of you would celebrate with me!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Yeah, I'm psyched about going to the U2 show on the 16th. Even though it is on a Tuesday (I'm in high school.) It'll be my 3ed, or maybe even 4th U2 concert. It depends on the tickets my brother gets. Too bad I can't party at the bar with you guys.

Hey, I'm going to the U2 concert on the 16th, and maybe the 15th. Too bad I'm in high school, I'll be wasted the next day. (I go to the same high school Billy Corgan went to!) Hope we can pick eachother out, somehow. Wish I could come to the bar with you guys.

Originally posted by Zooman91:
Yeah, I'm psyched about going to the U2 show on the 16th. Even though it is on a Tuesday (I'm in high school.) It'll be my 3ed, or maybe even 4th U2 concert. It depends on the tickets my brother gets. Too bad I can't party at the bar with you guys.

Awhh! We'll get you into the bars! The girl I'm going with isn't 21 yet either. If we go in a big group it'll be alright!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Originally posted by DethVeggy:
I got GA's for the 16th...see you all in the heart

Nice! I'll probably wind up in the heart! My friend Matt has connections!

------------------
Cookie Manwhore

Originally posted by mikal:

Nice! I'll probably wind up in the heart! My friend Matt has connections!

*ahem* Can you pass some of those "connections" along, dear?

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I wish more people had your attitude...you're so lucky that you're able to go!!

Be sure to holler "Bono is hot!!!!" at the top of your lungs, since I won't be there to do it!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

For the 16th!

Plus, I sneak down to the GCs like I did last time!

Exellent!!! I did that last time, snuck down to the first row to take pics.
wink.gif

At this point I dont care what I get.. I really want to be in the building at Vegas.. regardless where I'm sitting.

rainote.gif

------------------
Here Today
Gone Tomorrow....
Always

Sicy's Website

WOOHOO!!!

My cousin Noti got GAs for the second night in Chicago!!!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

I got GAs yesterday through TM for the 1st show, and I haven't got my second show ones yet. I'll probably buy from a broker. See all of you in the heart!!!

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

I will know Monday if I got tickets or not. There are certain "connections" I have, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for some tix. I don't really care where my seats are - just wanna go see 'em again.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

Back
Top Bottom