Hello, this new Bono DVD around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
hey, sorry if this is in wrong place or if been discussed (cant search, not Prem) but I fleetingly saw a DVD round with Bono on front, something about Bono God Soul or something?

incorrect?

is it worth buying or is it kinda like that other DVD which Ive forgotten name off, with all four members on front ala Elevation era.

:):)

thanks for ur patience

I've seen a Dvd entitled "Bono - God's Favourite Son" for sale. Would this be it?
I also have no idea if it's worth buying or not.
I read that it's an unauthorised documentary film charting Bono's life and career, that it includes rare footage of both Bono and U2 and exclusive interviews with Bono and those who've known him best, and unseen photographs. :eyebrow:

Hope someone can tell us more about this.

I found this: Bono - God's Favorite Son page at rottentomatoes.com

Here's what they say:

This documentary takes an unprecedented look at the personal history of rock legend Bono, known as much for his idealism and activism with regards to a plethora of worthy causes as for his striking tenor voice, strong lyrical talent, and charisma as the frontman for Irish band U2. Beginning with his early years in Dublin, where he was born to a Protestant mother and a Catholic father, the exploration continues through his first meeting with the rest of the band, early practice sessions, and the first gigs. Bono's star began to rise quickly, and with the release of U2's 1987 album THE JOSHUA TREE, he was catapulted into icon status. Not a typical rock star, Bono preferred to use the stage as a platform for his passionately held beliefs, which were eloquently and movingly expressed in his songs, and consistently maintained a critical distance from his image. He later ironically assumed various identities such as the leather-clad, stereotypical rock-star "The Fly;" corrupt televangelist "Mirrorball Man;" and others. GOD'S FAVORITE SON uses previously unseen photographs and footage, both of Bono and the band, as well as exclusive interviews with the star and his inner circle of friends and associates, to tell its story. What emerges is a portrait of a rare and vital personality whose tireless good works and boundless creativity have indelibly marked the history of both rock music and the world, as well as the personal trajectories of those whose lives have been touched by him.

Hope this helps

goat

I rented this a while back. There's nothing in it that a fan that visits bulletin boards wouldn't already know. It's mainly interviews with people who know the band, most of them giving glowing comments about Bono. I rated it a solid :| . I suggest renting it if you want to see it. Don't bother buying it.

Back
Top Bottom