Hello Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
please help.
my sisters neighbor is a huge u2 fan and a good family friend. the wife has cancer and i was wanting to make them a best of 4 disc live compilation. i got some great cover art ideas from the ladies/and gents at pleba and was wondering if i could get some great ideas as far as song lists, which songs to start with, which versions to use. etc..,. also which songs not to include. i want to make this as professional looking as possible.

as far as elevation which version should i use? elevation tour or vertigo tour?

any ideas please let me know.

thanx

are you trying to make the cd flow as if it were one concert or are you trying to just have like a best of type thing? If you were making a concert I would suggest using vertigo tour because you could fit it in anywhere if u used the elevation version it would almost have to be first. But if you are just looking for the best version they both are good it is just on personal preference. I really like the vertigo version cause it was so different I really like the version from the Milan DVD bono really plays with the crowd and its pretty cool but the Slane Castle version of elevation is pretty cool because there is soooo much energy in the crowd and it kind of just explodes when that song starts. Hope this helps I dont think you can go wrong with either just depending on what kind of cd you are making. GOOD LUCK!!

Ok what program are you going to use to make the cd? I did this with itunes and i sometimes would cut something out of the song like a long appluase or bono talking at the end so it would go into the next song better this makes it more realistic.

Some of my favorite live songs...

Running to Stand Still from At The Eleventh Hour bootleg

Desire from Irving Plaza (2000)

Streets from the audio rip of the Boston DVD

SBS from Rattle n Hum

Walk On from the Grammy's

i was thinking of mixing some of the eras. when i do switch eras i was going to fade out and fade in to the next. the only era that i think i wont do that to is the vertigo and elevation tours. i am going to use the sbs from rattle and hum, and streets from boston dvd.

Love rescue me from Dublin Point Depot 12.31.1989
When love comes to town same gig ^
New Year's day Chicago dvd
Bad from East Rutherford conspiracy of hope tour 1986

and Liesje's suggestions you should definetly take, in my opinion :wink: GOOD LUCK!!!

The Electric co. - Red Rocks 1983
Exit - Tempe 12.19.1987
One - Tacoma 04.21.1992
Ultraviolet(Light My Way) - Washington 08.16.1992
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Stockholm 06.11.1992
Beautiful Day - Saitama 11.30.2006
Kite from WITS Single

desire- 1989-12-31 GREED IS GOOD! 2006-11-25/ 1992-04-06
ishfwilf-1987-04-29 has a good bono speech before song starts
ooc- the one off the sweetest thing single is good 1989-12-30 is also good
11:00- 1983-05-06 or 1985-01-25- very cool intro
pride-i like 5th leg vertigo here 2006-12-04
Electric co- anyone from unforgettable fire is good my favorites are the one thats have amazing grace as a snippet 1985-01-25 is good also 1985-04-12 also with amazing grace pretty powerful let me know if need some help with other songs!

all these shows are very good quality most are soundboard and if not soundboard perfect audience recordings

Desire - Sydney on Lovetown with extra solo.
11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Berlin '81 with three solos.

electric co- vertigo tour is really great
sometimes- chicago '05
out of control- slane castle

Back
Top Bottom