"Heaven and hell"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, this song is one of the few good tracks from the Achtung Outtakes. I think there is really a great song there. Not single material like "She's a mystery to me", but something great could come of this.

I like this song also but I don't think we will ever see it again. U2 during this period was really trying to branch out in the "women and relationships are bad" songs...I think they were searching for a song and it ended up being "So Cruel"....but Heaven and Hell could have been a song that helped get them there. I know that another song from the outtake sounds more like "So Cruel"....{(Woman) and (Laughing in the Face of Love)} but I think the idea of a woman being "Heaven and Hell" comes through in songs like So Cruel, Wild Horses, UltraViolet, etc. To its credit, Heaven and Hell is a nice lullaby and a nice song. It is one of my favorites even though the band probably hates the song and just considered it another ballad. The only way it could resurface is in the Box set.

Hello,

I haven't listened to the song for a long while, but I think this song eventually became Your Blue Room. Musically that is (as the lyrics are totally different). Both songs have the same feel and that 'organ' sound.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom