Heartland appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopTart Pamela

Acrobat
Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, Australia
I dont know if there has ever been a thread devoted to Heartland, so here is one
One of my all time favourite songs, up there with the Unforgetable Fire (have been reading and replying to post) it seems to have the same etherial, dreamy quality.- everyone seems to be outstanding
Bonos voice is just glorious and the others blend together beautifully and as for the backing vocals - at times I think they make the song.

Pamela

Last edited:
YESSS!! I love this one too! I love the lyrics, the imagery, the music, the vocals and, again, the feeling. This is truly a special song!

I LOVE this song! My favorite from R&H...And it's a great effect in the movie when they're all sitting on the hillside when it's being played. I don't know why, but I just love that imagery. I think about it every time I hear the song.

wertsie said:
I LOVE this song! My favorite from R&H...And it's a great effect in the movie when they're all sitting on the hillside when it's being played. I don't know why, but I just love that imagery. I think about it every time I hear the song.
same here! and lucky me, i can go see that hill any time i want! :tongue:

I happened to be listening to this very song when I spotted this thread. Wonderful song...I really like the backing vocals.

bonos vocals are at their best. that falsetto in the end around min. 3:33 is just incredible! he really showed how much he imporved vocally. one of the best songs in R&H

cheers

A beautiful song, I just looooove it.

I think the reason this song stands out for me on Rattle and Hum is because it's the only "U2 sounding" song on the whole album.

I can honestly say that this is the very song that made me want to sing. First time I heard this song was 8th grade, in my room late at night (11 was late for me at this stage in my life) with the lights turned off listening to this in my room, and Bono's vocals just echoed in my room. I think I played that song 5 times in a row before going on through the rest of the album. I told myself that night, that THIS is what I want to do. Several years later I find myself singing in a band, we're struggling right now, but things are looking good. I love that song.

Heartland

It is perhaps the best song off Rattle and Hum, or maybe tied with All I Want Is You. It is underrated. One of Bono's best vocal performances.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

I just love this song. I wish Bono would use his lower range more often. It gives me tingly feelings in funny places.

Yes, my favorite from R&H also. Both the music and the voice are hauntingly beautiful...

Back
Top Bottom