Heard Michael Jackson's new song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
The self-proclaimed King of Pop has released a new song, "You Rock My World", the first single off his forth-coming Invincible -- due in October.

Wanna hear? Click here and look for the link:

http://www.vh1.com/insidevh1/events/mjackson_contest/

My thoughts?

Well, I'm glad he's no longer focused on the freak show that is his existence.

Beyond that, it seems that, like U2, there's a return of sorts to more straight-forward music.

But, unlike our boys, MJ's first single lacks both life and individuality -- it sounds like one of thousands of B-rate N*Sync-type songs that end up as B-sides or mere album tracks.

In other words, this ain't no single.

Worse, Jackson's titled his album "Invincible". Regardless of your opinions of the title "All That You Can't Leave Behind", it describes the music well, and it doesn't make any asserstions of chart success -- much less assertions of chart dominance.

Between the lackluster song and the arrogant title, Michael Jackson is setting himself up for yet another disappointment. And despite his claims to the throne of pop music, I don't think his success can long survive him sporadically releasing albums that are irrelevant and recieved luke-warmly.

(Honestly, he hasn't been the "King of Pop" since Thriller and he's been pretty much out of the running for the last six years -- and this song probably won't help.)

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Haven't heard myself although I'm sure it'll be played to death when it gets over here.

I did hear that after all the hype a lot of people were kind of shrugging their shoulders in a kind of *what's all the fuss about* kind of way.

I was quite a big fan of his during his Off the Wall/Thriller period but now....nah

I've heard it a few times...not good
frown.gif

I'm a closet 'classic' Michael Jackson fan. LOVE the Jackson 5 stuff, ('I Want You Back' is one of my 'top 5 sing along in a stupid voice while driving alone and in a great mood' songs) but I haven't liked a thing of his since Dangerous.
Even radio dj's are bagging it before they play it, kind of the attitude is "Here's the new Michael Jackson song, it's shithouse, but we HAVE to play it because it IS the new Michael Jackson song"

Apparently the albums is pretty bad as a whole, one newspaper said "He needed another Thriller, but instead he's given us another Filler"

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

I listened to the first part of the song. Then I stopped. Because I didn't like it at all.

Harsh.

So, "The Playboy Mansion" be correct in its assement of Michael Jackson: history.

At any rate, I *know* Thriller was his most popular, but my favorite song of his was pre-Thriller:

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

I was hoping this new song would have a similar energy, but oh well.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

unfortunately my bad connection means it's buffering and I can only hear it in 20 seconds grabs. how frustrating. I like the groove of it,he makes great dance music IMHO. Michael is such a good singer he doesn't need to use so many effects on his voice and maybe he says woooo too much.I like the strings. I've no idea what he's singing about,happy love I hope, It's a groovy song title
smile.gif
I like forward to hearing it uninterrupted.

Back
Top Bottom