Heard HTDAAB today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can remember it, but as I look at it now, it's a very good song, but Love And Peace Or Else sounded better I think. But it was a very good and powerful song.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own??? Can it be compared to One?

I guess you can compare the songs, since they're both ballads and very emotional songs, but I don't know if Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own will turn out to be such a classic as One. We'll have to wait and see...

Dutch Partygirl said:
I guess you can compare the songs, since they're both ballads and very emotional songs, but I don't know if Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own will turn out to be such a classic as One. We'll have to wait and see...

One wasn't the instant classic either...people seem always forget this minute detail

Hi all of you...It*s good thing that album is not simple,i mean nobody can *t judge on first listening...BUT NO DOUBT IT WOULD BE U2 M A S T E R P I E C E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can*t understand those four german fans,and their rewiev is insane...THEY DON*T KNOW WHAT THEY WROTE...GOD HELP THEM!

Dutch Partygirl said:
Murray: Don't expect too much of the leaflet. It's not the cd booklet or anything, it's just a small leaflet with info about the producers and in which format the album will be released. There aren't any pictures in there, but it's styled like the HTDAAB cover.

Starsgoblue: The reason I can understand people being sceptical is because I've been hanging around here quite a bit (you wouldn't think that if you look at the number posts I made, but I don't always feel the need to share my thoughts etc with the rest of the world). There have been a lot of rumours and I understand that everybody's anxious and on top of it.

I'm not going through hoops to proof anything. If people don't want to believe it, fine. If people think this thread hasn't got any useful info without a leak, fine. I know people want every bit of info out there at the moment, that's why I'll try to scan the leaflet today (can't make any promises though, very busy at work right now! Deadline stress!!!). Off to work now...

:applaud: Thanks for the info DutchPartyGirl.. I agree with your point that it's difficult to make a full analysis after one listen. I'm happy though that it's less accesible/immediate that ATYCLB.. I prefer 'growers' myself.

I hope you meet your deadline ;)

Thanks Jim, working hard on several interviews at the moment, but I keep getting distracted by the news of the murder of a famous filmdirector/writer in this country. So I don't know wether I'll make the deadline... We'll see...

Dutch Partygirl said:
COBL is a very powerful song I think. Loved that one!

Fast Cars is on the UK and Japanese (normal cd) version and on the deluxe version (at least that's how I understood it this afternoon).

wow if you say fast cars is good and it will come out onthe japanese version, meaning asian perhaps, so we here in manila
can get the cd with fast cars. nice!!!!

"HTDAAB will blow the house down and build it up again in an hour... impressive" Mahatma Ghandi

Tell me Dutch Partygirl, did you get the feeling that the album closed well with the punch of Original of the Species and Yahweh? Also, would you say that OOTS had a Beatles flow to it in the studio version? I love that Apple version with just the piano.

ZeroDude said:
"HTDAAB will blow the house down and build it up again in an hour... impressive" Mahatma Ghandi

that guffawing, tablesmacking, laugh-till-you-weep smilie everyone except me uses in reference to humour.

desire25 said:

wow if you say fast cars is good and it will come out onthe japanese version, meaning asian perhaps, so we here in manila
can get the cd with fast cars. nice!!!!

Hey it's nice to find a fellow Filipino in this board. At least I'm not the only Filipino here constantly gushing and professing my love for U2 on this board.

Cheers,

J

hi jick

it was my brother in california who gave me this site a few months ago and have been posting since. i have the time.
i referred my former colleagues too and now they are at least checking this site for updates.

oops i mean whenever i have the time.
now if we can only get them to perform here.
my younger colleagues who's in their mid 20s, told me
they would have performed here for the POP tour but couldnt find a venue big enuf then. but of course a lot has changed esp during the past 4 yrs. we have venues big enuf for a concert like that done in slane.

Questions to Dutch Partygirl: Did it feel wird having Mircale Drug after Vertigo? Does MD has that rock feel to it on the verses too or just on the chorus?

Does Fast Cars have a cool riff or something? What about the arabic sounds it has?

Some critics said that Yahweh was a rock song. You said it was a weird song. Does the song have the rock feel to it?

Are Bono's vocals agressive and rock n' roll? Tell us more about Larry and Adam on the album. :D

Sorry if you have already answered one of my questions. :reject:

desire25 said:
hi jick

it was my brother in california who gave me this site a few months ago and have been posting since. i have the time.
i referred my former colleagues too and now they are at least checking this site for updates.

That's great. Drop me an email at atyclb4ever@yahoo.com

It would be great to discuss U2 and other stuff privately with you.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom