He did NOT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So...I'm curious.

Has Bono ever really shocked you with somethink he's said or done?? Made you drop your jaw (and it wasn't cause he's hot?
wink.gif
) Make you snicker or scandalized you? I heard a story that made me post this and wanted to know what you all had to say.
I love Bono stories.
smile.gif
(If you have Larry, Adam or Mr. the Edge stories, feel free to share 'em here, too.
smile.gif

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

I was shocked when Edge smashed hiss guitar on the Elevation DVD, he is usually so calm.

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Where to begin?

That part in the BF bible where he wakes up in a crackhouse in Tokyo with a snake on his chest...
Or that one time where he took off all his clothes during an interview in a restaurant...
Or the fact that he likes to steal boats...
I must also admit to having been scandilized the first time I saw him shove his crotch into the camera
wink.gif

And there's the infamous Liam smooch that made me roll my eyes a little...

And I could keep going on and on...

I was shocked when I heard that Bono took off all of his clothes during an interview in a fancy restaurant.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

-That, er, um, rather.. descriptive story of Bono at that house in Germany, who actually belonged to someone (and he had no idea), from the U2 Bible
-.. and pretty much everything Lady Lemonade said.
eek.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

What about when he said 'fuck up the mainstream' on the '94 Grammys? Is that tame by now?

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
What about when he said 'fuck up the mainstream' on the '94 Grammys? Is that tame by now?

Yes.
wink.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by Spyplane:
He took off all of his clothes ion a resturaunt?

Newsday March 27, 1992:

At a dinner earlier this week at London's celebrity haunt, Nikita, Bono surprised his 18 dinner guests by removing all his clothes - including his black bikini briefs - for no apparent reason. During the Russian meal of mainly vodka and caviar, we're told the Irish rocker sat naked and acted as if being nude in a plush, crowded restaurant was the most natural thing in the world. Which, in some quarters, we suppose it is. "Sometimes people drink vodka and do strange things," Nikita owner Sylvain Borsi told us. But didn't he find Bono's behavior a bit eccentric, to say the least? "No, he was very nice and very civilized," Borsi said. "I think he just felt more comfortable with nothing on."

Also from Newsday March 30, 1992:

His spokesman says Bono was actually being interviewed by a journalist during dinner when the Irish rocker decided to undress, as we reported. "The writer was so unimaginative, so frozen, so unloose that Bono thought it would be a good idea to take his clothes off," the spokesman said. "And there wasn't much of a reaction."

------------------

Popheart.org

OMG
I never knew about that
lordy lordy I had a similiar vodka experience

NOOOOO
no vodka
NOOOOO

Well it's a great book, great ending too.

How cool would it be to travel the globe with U2, write a book about it.

My gosh he 's lucky!

When Bono called the French President a wanker, when accepting some award or something in France. That shocked me a bit, though he did have a good reason - the nuclear tests. He could have said it a bit more tactfully though.

I still thought it was hilarious though
wink.gif

Originally posted by Truly:
When Bono called the French President a wanker, when accepting some award or something in France. That shocked me a bit, though he did have a good reason - the nuclear tests. He could have said it a bit more tactfully though.

I still thought it was hilarious though
wink.gif

This is the story that made me post this. I nearly fell of my chair, I was laughing so hard when I heard it the first time. Bono!! *gets some soap* LOL. I wonder if Ali and the band just cringed.
tongue.gif

I was also pretty damn shocked...and even worried for them, retroactively, I guess...when I read that they showed schwasticas (sp?? argh) at a show in Germany. (This from the Bible.) For one, it's illegal, I do believe. Secondly, Jesus, that's playing with fire. One hell of an effective statement, yes but what if the audience hadn't "gotten it?" That shocked me.

Thanks for these stories, guys! Keep them coming!

SD

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:

I was also pretty damn shocked...and even worried for them, retroactively, I guess...when I read that they showed schwasticas (sp?? argh) at a show in Germany. (This from the Bible.) For one, it's illegal, I do believe. Secondly, Jesus, that's playing with fire. One hell of an effective statement, yes but what if the audience hadn't "gotten it?" That shocked me.

Yes, they are illegal. There was almost a whole chapter in Bill Flanagan's book about the night they played in Germany and how nervous they were, with the swastikas and symbolism. I believe Bono said in German, "This will never happen again!" and that seemed to calm the audience.

------------------

Popheart.org

Bono wearing bikini briefs...heheh.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom