HDTAAB and Vertigo on TIME Mag's Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malhithearnaz

The Fly
TIME chose HDTAAB at No. 4 for 2004, just below Franz Ferdinand at No. 3 and Wilco at No. 5.

Vertigo was the fourth best track for 2004.

And by the way, all you Vertigo and ABOY haters, both of them alongwith CFYT are mentioned as the best tracks on the album. Ha ha! (*smug smile)

If this has been posted elsewhere, I apologize.

It was 5th on a rolling stone critics list that was interviewed on CNN too.

TIME magazine is the same mag that chose Bush as this year's person of the year, so go figure.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
TIME magazine is the same mag that chose Bush as this year's person of the year, so go figure.

Cheers,

J

Jick, you are forgetting one crucial thing: the title of 'Person Of The Year' doesn't have to go to a 'good' person or anyone you agree with, but the most newsworthy person, and I think we'd all agree that Bush was all over the news this year.

Axver said:

Jick, you are forgetting one crucial thing: the title of 'Person Of The Year' doesn't have to go to a 'good' person or anyone you agree with, but the most newsworthy person, and I think we'd all agree that Bush was all over the news this year.

That's right Axver. Next year they ought to make the distinction. This year Person of the Year could have gone to Bono and Arsewipe of the Year could have been Bush's.

I understand they choose Ayatolla Khomeini as person of the year in 1989. As has been pointed out before, the choice reflects the person who has had the most influence on world events in the course of a year and is not necessarily an endorsement of what the person stands for.

financeguy said:
I understand they choose Ayatolla Khomeini as person of the year in 1989. As has been pointed out before, the choice reflects the person who has had the most influence on world events in the course of a year and is not necessarily an endorsement of what the person stands for.

Yep. They even chose Hitler ... twice.

Axver said:

Yep. They even chose Hitler ... twice.

Ahhh, the point is made by everyone who ever disagrees with Time's choice. Only the names and dates change :yes:

Back
Top Bottom