HDAATB b-sides...? huh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*sofia*

Refugee
do these songs say anything to you?

-wake up and take me down
-heaven and hell
-Jitterburg baby
-get together now
-get you down
-feel free
-doctor, doctor!

these songs are definitely U2 and it says "how to dismantle an atmic bomb b-sides" but i can´t find any information about them and I´m a bit confused. help, anyone?

Those have nothing to do with HTDAAB. They are from the now-legendary Salome Outtakes - a three-disc bootleg of some of the Achtung Baby recording sessions. You can hear a lot of the final AB songs in there.

namkcuR said:
Those have nothing to do with HTDAAB. They are from the now-legendary Salome Outtakes - a three-disc bootleg of some of the Achtung Baby recording sessions. You can hear a lot of the final AB songs in there.

There's also a 7CD set of the Salome: Axtung Beibi out-takes out there, though much of the additional material is overdubs and the like.

Personally, I listen to Axtung Beibi just for I Feel Free and Take You Down. The latter has to be the best unreleased U2 song I've heard.

Yes, Take You Down is excellent. She's Gonna Blow Your House Down totally kicks ass though! :rockon:

some of that stuff is great, some of it is not.

I'd kill to hear the jams from POP. Can you imagine how bad-ass those were? Edge jamming to some Howie B loop for 15 minutes.

I reckon Get Together Now could have made a great song if worked on...umm unless im being daft and it did become another song?

This is what the notes with my files say

Disc 1, Track 1 (5:59)
FWT: Salome'
NOTES: This song must have been the most painful to
evolve, since there are more takes of it than any
other on SALOME.
You can virtually sing the words to Salome' (from
the CD single of Even Better Than The Real Thing)
to this take. Perhaps it's title here still should
be Got To Get Together Now, but it's Salome' for
identity purposes.
The bassline leads one to
believe this is an early form of ZOO STATION.
Later also takes support this theory.
words? "Love, baby please don't go"
"We got to get together now...break!"

we need someone to post a ysi link for heaven and hell :flirt:

does anybody else remember somebody even made a pretty cool video for the song?

Axver said:

There's also a 7 BLOODY CDs LONG set of the Salome: Axtung Beibi out-takes out there, though much of the additional material is overdubs and the like.
WHY, GOD, WHY?

neutral said:
Yeah there are almost 3 full discs of drum loops for Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car. :crack:

You got an MP3 of one of these tracks?? :ohmy:

there are people silly enough to steal FOUR EXTRA DISCS OF THAT?! :|

I was hoping for sort that 'heavy' drum beat from the beginning of 'Daddy's Gonna Pay...' after the intro orchestra...:(

Back
Top Bottom