Have you played with U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
I guess I am into posting tonight. Has anyone out there ever 'jammed' with U2 or any members thereof? Not the 'People Get Ready' dudes from the 80's. I mean, have you played some guitar with the Edge or something like that? I would love to hear some stories if they are out there. As a teenager in the 80's I thought about how it would be to play along with the band at some point. It probably won't ever happen...

I know there were a few members from here that got to play onstage with Edge.. StoriesforBoys for one but I don't think she posts here anymore.

I know there were a few members from here that got to play onstage with Edge.. StoriesforBoys for one but I don't think she posts here anymore.

;)

YouTube - U2 Party Girl with fan performance

AND she was asked back onstage the next night, this time playing with the band onstage and Edge backing her.
This second night was actually Bono's birthday and Laura got a bottle of champie afterwards. (which I bet will never be opened, ever :lol: )

I have absolutely no musical talent. But, when no one is around, I love to sing along to their songs.

Though, I can imagine, it would be a musician's dream. To be onstage with U2.

I "jammed" Botox into Bono's cheeks, and a friend of mine played with Edge's ass hair plugs. Good times!

I second your dream, Jon. I've seen the videos of other fans and just think.. wow. It'd have to be something simple like Angel Of Harlem or Desire or something, so I wouldn't have to worry about fucking up too bad. It must be an amazing thrill.

And don't say it'll never happen, because you never know. Make a sign, get B's attention and who knows.. :)

I once had a dream that U2 played a concert in my town, and that The Edge ran out of guitars for some bizarre reason. I gladly offered him my cheap Explorer knock-off and played I Will Follow with the band. Edge forgot to give the guitar back after the gig was over. I was rather pissed off with him.

That is my contribution to this thread.

On a more serious note, I wish I could say I've performed on stage with U2, but alas, Ticketbastard screwed me out of the GA tickets that I managed to get with one of their fucking internal server errors.
wail.gif
There went that dream!

No, I... oh wait, yeah I have. I was hanging at an LA club in 1988 and Adam came up and bought me a Beck's. He is a pretty polite guy. We talked for a while and he asked me if I would like some blow, and you don't turn down an offer from Adam Clayton so I said yes. We went back to his place and we were snorting wicked lines and then he was like "let's record a post-hardcore industrial album" and I was reluctant at first, but then he showed me his work and seriously, you guys wouldn't believe it, I think he had saved his best riffs for this album. He also wrote most of the lyrics and they were better than anything on Joshua Tree. We recorded a forty minute album in twelve minutes and played it to the other guys. They were really impressed and felt sad that they had finished recording RaH 'cause they thought it would have been a really big influence. The night was only ruined by watching Bono lip-synch while the band played a private show for me.

;)

YouTube - U2 Party Girl with fan performance

AND she was asked back onstage the next night, this time playing with the band onstage and Edge backing her.
This second night was actually Bono's birthday and Laura got a bottle of champie afterwards. (which I bet will never be opened, ever :lol: )
Hey Greety :) Got time to watch it today, sooo awesome! Thanks for the link! :)

There was a guy who got called up and played Angel of Harlem on the Vertigo Tour in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom