Have you heard this song??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet_1

Babyface
Just wanted to know if anyone has heard the "mercy" that was left off htdaab. As the story goes it bono wanted to have it on the album but the rest of the band didn't.....all i can say is,after hearing it only once, it is one of the best songs ive heard from them in a long time. Imagine a song inbetween "bad" and "luminous times". If anyone has heard of this song can you please tell me where i can listen or Download it?? Thanks everyone

I've heard it, but this thread shuld b in the "Music on the Internet" forum.

I'd send it, but idk if I'd get busted 4 it by the new rules about song sharing

Hey there LemonMacphisto, thanks for responding!........sorry about it being in the wrong section but i'm kind of new at posting as you can see. Would you mind sending me the link directly to me??...or is there another way?

just wanted to say thanks lemonMacphisto, it was very nice of you to send that over.

by the way what do you think of the song?

I have some thoughts on the song...

First of all, it's a really great song. Any doubts that Bono can still sing should be shed after hearing it. He still has almost every bit of range and control he had as a younger man.

With that said, I can kinda' understand why the song wasn't included on the album...A few songs on the album come to mind when I hear it. Namely, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Yahweh and City of Blinding Lights. Although this song has a personality all its own, there are striking similarities between it and the songs that I mentioned above. Because of these similarities I can understand why it doesn't appear on the album.

I do think this will see the light of day sometime, though. This may very well become a B-side one of these days...and it would be among their better ones too.

Back
Top Bottom