Hate to say it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwheelonh

The Fly
The various nay-sayers on this board--

the ones who say how much they love U2, but then trash HTDAAB and at least one other album (usually ATYCLB or Pop),

the ones who then get all upset when people ask them why they have to be so negative,

the ones who for some reason see nothing wrong with jumping onto a fan site and trashing the new (and other) albums, and think it's alright because they say they're fans,

--are, hate to say it, just like the Democrats: loud, obnoxious, centered in outdated emotions rather than reason, definitively a minority (though unfortunately vocal about it), and losers.

I don't wonder why you don't like the new album (and others): it's your loss. I enjoy liking things more than I do disliking them. If you enjoy disliking things, well, whatever floats your boat...

What I do wonder about is why you bother coming to a site comitted to appreciation of a band, comment loudly on how you don't appreciate that band anymore, and then get all snotty when people tell you to sod off.

Go jump on some REM or Radiohead fan site, with others of your ilk.

If HTDAAB isn't what you wanted, then go make the goddamn album that you did want yourself. U2 made the album that they wanted to make, and if you don't like it, well, again, your loss. Less joy in your life.

But for God's sake, what made you think that this was a place where your complaints and disappointment would find a sympathetic ear?

Okay, venting done. Discuss.

ok the democrat reference was both off topic and provincial. lets keep political ignorance off the boards shall we?

i presume you meant to say "political discussion", not "political ignorance". or is it okay for you to make nasty comments, but it's not okay for others?

besides, that's what they remind me of: a vocal minority who enjoys bitching about what's wrong rather than celebrating what's right.

los angeles is more provincial than buffalo?

hmm...

mwheelonh said:
i presume you meant to say "political discussion", not "political ignorance". or is it okay for you to make nasty comments, but it's not okay for others?

besides, that's what they remind me of: a vocal minority who enjoys bitching about what's wrong rather than celebrating what's right.

los angeles is more provincial than buffalo?

hmm...

no, i meant political ignorance. it's ignorant for you to call over 57 million american voters loud obnoxious losers. that's stereotypical and incredibly ignorant. and i guess you dont know what provincial means. let me clear it up for you....

provincial: Limited in perspective; narrow and self-centered.

I agreed with your original thought, but insulting democrats, and Radiohead and REM fans isn't really the best way to address this.

Last edited:
Miggy D said:
I think both Democrats AND Republicans suck. That's unbiased for ya.

-Miggy D

Like it.

I hate both american political parties, way outta touch with the world.

HTDAAB rules

Democrats and Republicans - dillusional

There are no parties here in the states. Just an illusion of such to make the sheep feel they have some control over this machine. (besides just being a cog)

omg!1 i finally get it!!!11 htdaab fans r republicanz adn hatorz r da demorcats!!!111

If you prefer to express positive rather than negative feelings towards things, then why have you written a rant expressing negative feelings about people who have negative feelings?

It's a bit of a Dubya style 'with us or against us' line you're taking.

People have opinions about the new album that, despite differing from yours, are equally valid to your own.

Deal with it.

Andrew

p.s. I love the bomb, and I've stopped worrying!

Last edited:
wait. i'm confused. i'm a democrat but i love the album.....

omfg!1 i'm a flipflopper@!!!111

Two new countries formed in North America: "United States of Canada" (consists of Canada plus states who voted for democrat in the last election) and "Jesusland". :wink:

mwheelonh said:
The various nay-sayers on this board--

the ones who say how much they love U2, but then trash HTDAAB and at least one other album (usually ATYCLB or Pop),

the ones who then get all upset when people ask them why they have to be so negative,

the ones who for some reason see nothing wrong with jumping onto a fan site and trashing the new (and other) albums, and think it's alright because they say they're fans,

--are, hate to say it, just like the Democrats: loud, obnoxious, centered in outdated emotions rather than reason, definitively a minority (though unfortunately vocal about it), and losers.

I don't wonder why you don't like the new album (and others): it's your loss. I enjoy liking things more than I do disliking them. If you enjoy disliking things, well, whatever floats your boat...

What I do wonder about is why you bother coming to a site comitted to appreciation of a band, comment loudly on how you don't appreciate that band anymore, and then get all snotty when people tell you to sod off.

Go jump on some REM or Radiohead fan site, with others of your ilk.

If HTDAAB isn't what you wanted, then go make the goddamn album that you did want yourself. U2 made the album that they wanted to make, and if you don't like it, well, again, your loss. Less joy in your life.

But for God's sake, what made you think that this was a place where your complaints and disappointment would find a sympathetic ear?

Okay, venting done. Discuss.

I think you should quit while you're ahead and shut up and leave Interference. Asshole

grbounds said:

no, i meant political ignorance. it's ignorant for you to call over 57 million american voters loud obnoxious losers. that's stereotypical and incredibly ignorant. and i guess you dont know what provincial means. let me clear it up for you....

provincial: Limited in perspective; narrow and self-centered.

U do have a good point....those who don't live in the US can't really understand, since their government-run media only shows one side.....the anti-US one.

intedomine said:

Like it.

I hate both american political parties, way outta touch with the world.

I just LOVE it when people who don't live here chime in w/their 2 cents, as if they really knew.....

Dragonfave said:
Two new countries formed in North America: "United States of Canada" (consists of Canada plus states who voted for democrat in the last election) and "Jesusland". :wink:

Do U happen 2 frequent Michael Moore's 'website', my friend? That's where little ditties like this originated....gotta LOVE the "accepting" and "tolerant" left, don't U?

Hey, hey I thought this was a discussion board. Whether one is positive or negative, why is there an underlying assumption anyone or everyone who posts seeks a sympathetic ear?

If ya dont like HTDAAB, then ya don't. You shouldn't get bashed by someone with a blunt jewel case containing Pop just for being honest.

Disclaimer: I like HTDAAB, don't bludgeon me. I like Pop too...perhaps u can get me on that...

I dont mind tolerance and understanding, I dont mind authoritarianism and central planning either. Heck, I dont mind anything that encourages economic growth, and not necessarily under a democratic government.

Oops, wrong thread.

Miggy D said:
I think both Democrats AND Republicans suck. That's unbiased for ya. Registered non-partisan, anyone? :wink:

-Miggy D

:up: ALL Politicians suck! :happy:

But I do agree with the original poster's general message about negitivity and album bashing, it's old! :scream: I'm tired of hearing the same shit over and over and then it gets justified with 'everyone has a right to their opinion' but if you think they are being annoying you aren't allowed to voice that opinion too? I really think there are some people on here who really don't like U2. I think some people only like Pop. I won't put down any other band, but dammit, if you are not happy with U2's albums please find a board of a band you DO like and go there:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom