has U2 become just another band!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:
U2 are still better than guns n roses.

im sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong lol
u2 do win in the "we stuck together and still are together" department, but gnr were better musicians!! i like both bands but thats a fact!! now lets get back on topic :wink:

Definately not. they just made their second best album ever in my opinion and are a better live band now and have been for ages than all other bands can even hope to dream of becoming. U2 is not just another band based soley on thier live performance. Forget the fact that they consistently put out great albums. For a band like U2 who have been around this long and to be able to seamlessly throw in new material inot the live show and have it fit and be relevant is amazing. The Rolling Stones can't do it, AC/DC can't do it, Aerosmith can't, U2 right now has a sound all to their own even though many newer, younger bands seem to be trying to tap into it. No doubt the next album is gonna elevate U2 into a realm all their own when it comes to all bands past and present. No way those guys will be content to sit back and play it "safe" again.

KhanadaRhodes said:

just teasing you, i wanted zootlesque to have to suffer through a few more threads before he could find out what the word meant since he's apparently too lazy to find out on his own. :wink:

phew well thanks for easing my worries...i am in a paranoid state at the moment....:wink:

and yes i should have let him suffer, but it bothers me to see such sillyness:tongue: I had to help the poor guy...

shaun vox said:

im sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong lol
u2 do win in the "we stuck together and still are together" department, but gnr were better musicians!! i like both bands but thats a fact!! now lets get back on topic :wink:
Shaun Vox I have to disagree. I'm a huge Guns fan. They were my favorite band(now second favorite) for almost a decade before I got into U2. I think it's unfair to say that The guys in GUns N' Roses were/are better muscicians based soley on the style of music they play. An interesting read on this is the interview in this months Guitar World with The Edge. He basically says that anyone can pull off the "classic" guitar solos but most songs don't need or warrent that kind of playing. Also even if Guns were(maybe they are) better muscicians that doesn't necessarily mean they write the better songs. Like you said though back on topic ha!

KhanadaRhodes said:

just teasing you, i wanted zootlesque to have to suffer through a few more threads before he could find out what the word meant since he's apparently too lazy to find out on his own. :wink:

:rant:

KhanadaRhodes said:

and yes i should have let him suffer, but it bothers me to see such sillyness...

:madspit: :angry:

Zootlesque PWNZORZ Khanada & LJT.

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

:rant:

:madspit: :angry:

Zootlesque PWNZORZ Khanada & LJT.

:wink:

Use proper English please i generally do not respond to such a disgrace to the language..it quite clearly proves my earlier suggestion of you being silly and i shall add to that, that you are quite obviously a degenerate who is not worth my time:wink:

LJT said:

Use proper English please i generally do not respond to such a disgrace to the language..it quite clearly proves my earlier suggestion of you being silly and i shall add to that, that you are quite obviously a degenerate who is not worth my time:wink:

A think tank of aloof multiplication
A nicotine wish and a columbus decanter
Retrenchment and hoggishness
The aristocrat choir sings
"What's the ruckus?"
The haves, have not a clue
The immenseness of suffering
And the odd negotiation, a rarity
With onionskin plausibility of life,
And a keyboard reaffirmation

Take that. :tongue:

No. And yes.

No, they are not just another band to people who adore them. To these people, there will always be something special about U2, something that triggers certain emotions within them as no other band ever has or will.

Yes, they are just another band to people who don't adore them. These people might like some of their songs (like me), but what U2's songs do for them isn't that much different than that of many other bands.

It's all in the eye (and heart and mind) of the beholder.

Zootlesque said:

"What's the ruckus?"

You cut & pasted that! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

"What's the ruckus?"

Your poetry dear sir has exceeded anything i have ever done*bows*

Zootlesque said:
Hahahhahaha.... Eddie Vedder's the fuckin' man! :wink:

You are lucky i have things to do tomorrow, or i would fly right over there and....:madspit: do that:wink:

indra said:
No. And yes.

No, they are not just another band to people who adore them. To these people, there will always be something special about U2, something that triggers certain emotions within them as no other band ever has or will.

Yes, they are just another band to people who don't adore them. These people might like some of their songs (like me), but what U2's songs do for them isn't that much different than that of many other bands.

It's all in the eye (and heart and mind) of the beholder.

Well said!! :up: I'm most definitely one of the first people :D

I think that in a way U2 isn't "just another band" just because of all they've accomplished - what other band has stuck together for over 25 years with the exact same lineup and managed to stay relevant to the mainstream? U2 are one of a kind in that respect at least.

youtwohearts said:
U2 is just a band. However, they are a band that has developed over the years to stay with the mainstream of the publics ever changing musical tastes. They have a very strong following of fans and can still reach new ones. That in itself says a lot. Not many bands can do that and that is what separates U2 from other bands. They are able to still gather the following and add some to the mix.

They will always be considered one of the "biggest bands" but in truth they are just a band who writes good songs.

^

:yawn: to this thread

Has U2 become another band?

No, they may have changed over the years, but they're still U2.

If they hadn't, then they would be where they are today.

Back
Top Bottom