Has this ever happened to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
So today everyone kept walking up to me saying, "Hey, did you hear about Bono?" And of course my reply was, yes, I heard about Bono.

Anyway....at work tonight, for the 100th time today someone walked up to me, a fellow employee, and asked, did you hear about Sonny?

So here I think He's being sarcastic, you know Sonny Bono, and I was like, you mean BoNO? And he goes, "Yeah, Sonny Bono."
and he was SERIOUS.

And so I said, "Bob (name changed to protect the innocent), sweetie, Sonny Bono's dead..."
Bob: He is?
Me: Yes.
Bob: Then who won this person of the year thing?
Me: Bono
Bob: Who's Bono?
Me: The lead singer of U2
Bob: Oh, SONNY BONO'S DEAD?!
Me: Yes, he died quite a few years ago in a skiing accident
Bob: Oh...

Anyway, my question...has anyone mistaken Bono for Sonny to you before, and if so how did you react?

Anyone that can make that mistake has probably been living in a cave for 10 years and doesn't turn on the TV or radio.... :lol:

Hahaha nice.

I was in class, and the teacher wrote an extra credit question on the board. It was "Who is Sonny Bono?" and the kid next to me says "Oh, isnt he the U2 guy?"

Of course, I turned and corrected him, him being very surprised.

LOL that story is hilarious!!!

Yea one of my teachers had that very mistake when I was talking about Bono she thought i was talking about Sonny Bono...:tsk:

one lady thought Bow-No and Sting were in a band together

called Genesis :yikes:

I went on a date with a girl that pronounced Bono like Sonny Bono. As stupid as it was, it was like she just stabbed me in the heart. Needless to say things didn't work out between us.

bono_212 said:
You broke up with someone cause she said Bono's name wrong???

Priceless :wink:

I almost broke up with a girl who changed the CDs from With or Without You to American Idiot when we were making out

and she knew I loved U2

bono_212 said:
You broke up with someone cause she said Bono's name wrong???

Priceless :wink:

Wasn't really a break up since we only went on one date, but it was one of those tests, like reaching over and unlocking your door, and she failed it. :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Why on earth would she have not wanted to hear that song while making out?!?!

UNBELIEVABLE! :tsk:

she must have mental problems. that was my first sign

brickfantastic2qz.jpg

^ :lol:

My ex-boyfriend called Bono "Bone-o" just to tease me. No, that's not why we broke up. Haha...For my birthday card, he wrote out this long birthday greeting that was from "Bono" and signed it with "<3 Bono (pronounced Bone-o)" just to tick me off. :D It was funny.

When I was very young I used to get Simon Le Bon and Bono confused. They did have similar hair styles in those days in fairness.

Several people at school don't even know who U2 is. But, then again, alot of people at school listen to ICP, SlipKnot, and the Pussycat Dolls.

Yes. It is sad.

Back
Top Bottom