Has there ever been a video that changed your opinion of a song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Savannah

The Fly
Did you ever not really care about a song but the video gave you a different feeling about it? Did you ever LIKE a song, and the video turned you against it? I have had this happen. Have you? It can be a U2 song and/or some other band.

Videos that made me feel worse or somewhat freaky ( or just hate the fucking video )
:
Discotheque
Where The Streets Have No name
With Or Without You
Staring Athe Sun
Last Night On Earth
Mysterious Ways
I will Follow
Elevation

Videos that got songs into even higher places for me :

Stay
Mofo
Desire
Even Better Then Real Thing
UF
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day

With or Without You-
Song is better than the video.
Video ruined it.

Discotheque- I actually liked the video more than the song.

Electrical Storm- I don't really like the song, but watch the video to see Larry makin' with the mermaid.

Stuck In A Moment- I thought the video was hilarious with Edge falling with his food on the steps, and Adam reading the newspaper. It was only after that that the song clicked with me.

In the early days of MTV, Journey had a song called "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)". Most of us have probably heard it. It's a great rock song with a catchy chorus and soaring vocals, etc.

The video on the other hand was horrific. Yes, horrific. It completely ruined the song with corny pans and super close-ups of all the bands members. And what were they thinking by playing instruments made of factory tools? Dear GOD!

I like the song Elevation but I don't like the video. It is poorly edited, it doesn't make sense, and most of all I hate the fact that thanks to the video the song will forever be associated with a cheesy flick like Tomb Raider. :yuck:

Videos like "Lemon," "I Still Haven't Found..." and "Beautiful Day" were just extremely well done and added to my appreciation of the songs, whereas I can't stand to hear "Elevation" anymore. My love for "Walk On" persists despite the stupid video.

Well, "Where The Streets Have No Name"-I've always liked that song, and then I see the video, and I like that song even more now, 'cause I think of the video every time I hear it (and the video kicks butt!)

"The Sweetest Thing"-liked the song, and then I saw the video, which is just adorable, and that helped increase my love for that song.

"Discotheque"-every time I hear the "Boom-cha" at the end of the song, I think of that part from the video, which makes me chuckle

"Elevation"...I'm sorry, I'm failing to understand why some of you hate that video so much. I love that video, and that song.

I really can't think of any songs I've heard that I've liked less after seeing their videos.

Angela

no disk said:
is the 'mofo' vid available online? i've never seen it or the 'please' vid.

actually it is : Audio mofo Phunk force live remix ( single ver )
Video is a great video shoot / mixed collage of pop mart tour

very good , feels like a big trance -party ya know

:cool: :cool:

btw i like this new smiley :angel: :up: ;)

no disk said:
is the 'mofo' vid available online? i've never seen it or the 'please' vid.

I found the 'Please' video can be found on Kazaa.

But I'm still searching for the Mofo video myself. I saw it at a video arcade on the screens they've got plastered round the place playing music videos. I've wanted it ever since.

I Will Follow

Initially I thought it was a very serious song, but after seeing the video I realised it was meant to be funny and ironic.

I started liking Electrical Storm better after I saw the video.. the video was just plain cool :p :larry:

Back
Top Bottom