Has there ever been a song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miami is one of the few songs on POP that actually work
though I can understand why not everyone loves the lyrics

Crumbs is a great song
A Man and a Woman is even better

ABOY is saved because Edge is better than the avarage guitar player and because of some of the harmonies

hmmm , i really REALLY like Crumbs (1 of my favs) ... and Wild Horses for that matter - before i "discovered" U2 i remember seeing the video with my sister and thinking Bono was hot in it! so happy memories there :D

on the other hand i dont particualy like OOTS, its alright, i dont think its great.
I adore AMAAW and ABOY has grown on me considerably to the point that i quite like it (although i still do think it has the most generic throw away boy band like chorus i have ever heard uttered from anyone besides a boyband :ohmy: )

but to the point of the thread - i reckon Miami is a pretty big divider, more so than crumbs actually. seen loads of arguments "you're just a big bon jovi fan" threads kick off about it.
sadly AMAAW doesnt exactly split the camp halfway as i think way more people hate then love it which puts me in the losing camp.
and Crumbs as a divider?? I can't understand why people don't like it...?
someone tell me???

First, to ring in on the Crumbs discussion, I'd have to say it has totally awesome lyrics and is definitely a favorite. I don't understand the objections to the message of this song at all. Was Bullet vague and open for interpretation? Could it have been about a romanitic relationship gone bad? Well, not if you understand the English language. I think it's a great song
and Crumbs is too. The last verse is just as good as the first 2 if you ask me. That verse refers to conditions that Bono saw first hand. He admires Sister Ann. He is trying to get the listener to empathize just for a moment. I don't see the problem with these lyrics.

Jick, I'm amazed that you like Stuck in a Moment. Simply amazed.

Miami is very cool too. I could mention alot of great lines, but the ones that take place in the photo booth are especially vivid. See, it's possible to love a socially conscious song like Crumbs, and also be able to appreciate something quirky (and good) like Miami. I still want to see Bono in those pink and blue suits he bought, lol.

All Because of You- This song has been greatly misunderstood by some people. Either they do not understand the subject matter or they just want to ignore it. It's about God and our relationship to Him. The booklet that comes with the deluxe version leaves no doubt as to what this song is about. And by the way, I don't know too many boybands that sing choruses with the tetragammaton in them. :wink: If Bob Marley can invoke God's name in his music and still be 'cool' , then I don't see why U2 can't do the same.

Back
Top Bottom